Diary entry 28 - "Do you love him?"

Start bij het begin

"Do you love him?"

Do I love him? Loves a strong word. I have never experienced that type of love and I don't know what it is, what it feels like. Gosh dang it! I don't know what all these feelings mean!

"I-I don't know. I think I do." I stutter. "How do you tell?" She doesn't say anything, only nods, gets up and walks away.

I quickly finish my sandwich and go for a quick jog around the block then I run to the skatepark.

When I get there, I see a boy. He looks to be maybe thirteen, fourteen at the most. "Hello." I smile. He looks down. He was about to drop.

He nods in acknowledgement and drops. When he gets to the end he does a double kickflip, and land perfectly. He stops skating, stepping on the end of his board, sending it flying in the air. He walks over to me, the board tucked under his arm.

"You've got some pretty sick moves, kid." I hold out my hand for him to shake. "I'm Evangeline."

"Jake. Thanks." He shakes my hand gently.

"Why are you here?" I ask curiously.

He shakes his head. "Stuff. Do you skate?"

"Yes." He hands me his board.

"Can you show me?"

I nod and go to the skating ramp. I drop off the ramp with as much force as I can muster. I do a double kickflip and when I'm in the air I do a mctwist. I get to the other side of the ramp then do an Ollie. When I'm in the air everything goes down in slow motion. I've never succeeded in doing the impossible front foot. The board does one full rotation, wrapped around my front foot. I think I'm about to fall but save it just in time. The board lands safely on the ground and I land safely on the board. I kick the board up, and it lands perfectly in my arms.

I walk slowly to Jake, out of breath and a palpitating heart. "That was...awesome!" He beams. "How did you do that? I've never seen anyone do that. Ever. Well only the pros but that was sick." He jumps in his spot excitedly, and he keeps on rambling. He stops talking and sighs. "I rambled, didn't I?"

I chuckle and nod. "You're not the only one. I have had a lot of practice. When did you start skating?"

"I've been skating for two years now." He say, walking over to the bench.

"And how old are you?"

"Fourteen."

"Then you started at the same age as me. I started when I was twelve and I'm seventeen now. Trust me, keep at the rate you're going and you'll be better then me now." I smile at him, sitting down and resting on the seat.

"You did all that without any protection." He comments. That thought surprisingly didn't slip my mind one bit. "I'm here because I like this girl it's ridiculous and I needed to clear my head."

I smile. Ahh. Young love. "What's her name?"

"Violet Lotus."

The name scans my brain. "Violet means flower and the lotus flower means rebirth. A new beginning." I smile at the irony.

"What?" He asks puzzled.

"Sorry. Just thinking about her name. If you could give her a nickname, what would it be?" The reason I know what her name means is because in seventh grade, I had to research the lotus flower and I found out some of its history. The name violet? I just really have nothing to do in free time.

"Sunshine." He answers almost instantly.

"Why is that?"

"Because she's like the little ray of sunshine that peeps through your curtains in the morning. And it's almost addictive." He sighs and runs a hand through his dirty blonde hair. "I know I'm to young to know what love is but I definitely know that I like this girl."