Diary entry 5 - Four years later.

4 years later
brian | cassy | evangeline

I landed on the floor with a loud thud. I reached out to touch my head as I slowly rubbed the area that hit the floor.

What a great way to wake up on a Monday morning — note the sarcasm.

I opened my phone and messages from Brian and Cassy pop up on my lock screen.

did u guys do ur English homework last night? -bri.

you are so stupid, brian. Mrs. Vanessa will kill you. i repeat: Brian Keller is going to be deceased. -cas.

A brief chuckle escaped my lips as I read over the messages. Only recently have I begun laughing real laughs. Not forced and fake ones.

Cassy and Brian have been my best friends for three years. After spending hours on end trying to get me to talk to them, they succeeded and now I talk to them with about anything.

Well, besides me cutting. No one will find out about that. Ever.

yeah, yeah. did u do it?

yes. and, no, you may not cheat of my work.

pweeese?

no. you can't even spell please. all the more reason for me not to let you cheat.

Brian responded by send the middle finger emoji. I closed my phone and got off the floor.

Walking over my closet to pick my outfit, I find something casual but nice.

I have a baby pink jumper with black hearts, black jeans, a dark fuchsia beanie and dark brown combat boots. I straightened my hair last night after I took a shower and I decided not to tie it up. I always wear long sleeves to cover up the scars on my wrist.

I threw my books and stationary in my bag and made my way downstairs to grab a cereal bar from the kitchen for breakfast.

"Morning, honey!" My mum shouts from the toilet.

I frown at the fridge and take an apple and cucumber out for lunch. "Morning." I say dully.

"Have you made your lunch? Have you got enough?"

I look down at the food in my hands. This is more then enough. I put the cucumber back. Better.

I nod my head happily as I store the apple in my bag. "Yeah!" I shout back. "I got to go now. The bus will leave without me. Bye!"

"Bye, honey. I love you!"

"I love you, too." I say as I walk out the door.

Okay, so maybe I lied. The bus wasn't going to get at the stop for another hour or so but I need exercise. I'm really fat. Thirty-four kilos is massive.

I slowly take a breath and walk through the school gates.

I suddenly had the urge to pee, but, can you blame me? I didn't go at home.