Diary entry 18 - She's a broken girl.

Drake POV

I hold on to her with all my strength. She's a broken girl. She's verbally abused and hopefully not physically.

Her chest rises and falls and she occasionally let's out a little snore that is strangely cute and sounds like a beautiful music tune.

She's been through so much and she thinks she's alone. From what I've observed, her family is barely around. The only people she can trust - sort of trust - are Cassy and Brian.

I've no idea if they know about her getting bullied but if they do; how could they not do something?

Then again, she is so secretive. It must've taken a long time for her to open up to them.

Her face is red and blotchy from her crying.

It broke my heart to see her cry and cry and cry. She thrashed around in my arms. She wouldn't let me help her. She pushes everyone out of her life. She's built up the strongest wall I've ever had the experience of breaking - or attempting to break. Even stronger then Amanda's wall.

I can't let her hurt herself. I can't let another life slip through my fingers. Not again. And now that I'm aware I will do everything in my power to help her; To pick up the pieces of the broken girl that lays still in my arms.

I shift in my seat and create a plan in my head on how to bring her to the couch.

If my ankle isn't screwed up the way it is I would've brought her to my room; but I probably can't even bring her to the living room.

I lower my foot off the chair it was resting on and place it on the floor. The ice pack falls to the floor with a low bang. Before stepping up I apply as much pressure as I can on the foot.

"Shhhat!" I wince and close my eyes.

I keep on pushing my foot hard to the ground until I know I can walk on it.

I slowly pull myself up, holding Evangeline tight in my arms; not willing to let her fall - never ever again.

I limp to the living room and fall back gently on the couch.

Evangeline stirs in her sleep and her hands grip my shirt and hold on tightly.

My breath hitches in my throat.

For some reason, this feels completely normal. The strange thing is, whenever she's asleep she always finds something to hold on to. Whether it be my shirt, or her blanket or pillow; she just always needs her hands wrapped around something tightly.

I feel like; for all the time she spends awake pushing people away, she has to make up for that lost time of pulling people or a comforting object close to her and never letting go. Even if it's a simple object, she still holds on to it with a death grip; not willing to let go.

She masks her emotions with a face void of any answers one would seek.

All the hours she spends in her room at her house - I know this because I can see through my window to her bedroom, she closes the curtains and I hear faint blood curdling screams - she cries her heart out, without anyone to be there for her to say 'I'm here for you and I'll never let you go.'