Diary entry 26 - My nightmare.

"Where in gods name were you?!" Cassy yells, her voice echoing through the shopping centre.

After Drake and I...danced, I told him I needed to meet Cassy at the mall to get things for prom. He knew that we were going to get dresses but he didn't push. He dropped me off and I met up with Cassy at Tiffany and co.

"I was with Drake." I state nervously. Her eyes soften and then she lets out a high pitched squeal.

"Oh my gosh! What happened? Did you kiss? Did he ask you to the dance? Did he-" She fires all these questions at me. I cut her off before she can finish.

"Yes, he asked me to prom." I purposely leave out the 'we shared a heated kiss' statement cause I don't kiss and tell. I know it may seem mean that I don't tell my best friend these sorts of things but I'm still not up for opening up about a few things and I know it's going to be really hard to change that. "So...you and Brian." I quirk an eyebrow and smirk, steering the topic away from me and more to her.

She sighs. "Yes. He asked me to the dance and, yes, I said yes." She smiles dreamily.

"Do you like him?" I smile like an idiot.

"No...yes...I don't know. It's hard to explain." She stutters and plays with her keys.

I always thought she had a thing for Chase but maybe I was wrong. Maybe she has no idea. Or maybe, she does have a thing for Brian but she is in denial and won't admit it to herself.

"Okay. Let's go through my checklist of signs. Do you get all tingly inside when you're near him?" I ask.

"Sort of." She hums. I nod my head and continue.

"When he touches you, does your skin burn with delight?"

"Yeah."

"When he smiles at you, does your stomach explode with butterflies?" I begin to daze off, thinking about all the things I feel when I'm with Drake.

"Yes." She admits and smiles, also in a dreamy state of mind.

I snap out of it and nod vigorously. "Yep! You've got the hots for our best friend. Which means that you need to do something extra special for him. Which means, nice dress. Let's go!"

I pull her into different shops and she tries out numerous different dresses.

In the end she got a sweetheart dress. The top is strapless and is silver and the skirt is a baby blue and at the front it reaches her knees and at the back, it goes a little further down.

"Your turn." Cassy calls, dragging me out of one of the dress shops.

"Really. Is it okay if I wear like jeans?" I protest.

"You're the one who said 'you need to look extra good for him'." She mimics my voice but fails miserably.

I shake my head and let her bring me through different stores.

"How about this one?" She pulls out a mid-thigh length dress. Again, it's another sweetheart strapless but the top is White and pinched in the middle. A black belt could around the waist and then the skirt is loose, layered and yellow. It's beautiful but not me.

I shake my head and she nods then walks around the store, looking at different dresses.

"Size sixteen, maybe lace, short and simple." I turn around and meet a shop assistant that is accessing me.

"Sorry?" I choke out.

She waves me over. "Come this way."

I follow her and she shows me the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. It's simple yet still eye catching. I gawk at the fabric that is latex out in front of me. It's a strapless lace, sweetheart dress that reaches mid-thigh, similar to the one before. The lace has a flower design on it. It's a creamy colour and I fall in love with it instantly.