Diary entry 22 - "Pwince charming..."

Evangeline POV

I hear familiar voices around me. I try opening my eyes but it doesn't work. It's like someone placed a tone of bricks on my eyelids preventing them from moving open. I try wriggling a finger but it stays rooted in place. It feels lick someone's glued the joints in my bones so I couldn't move them. Then I try my mouth. I try opening it to talk but I don't move. It's like my body won't obey what my mind is telling it to do. I scream at myself to do something, anything but it doesn't oblige.

Then reality hits me. I didn't finish the job. I didn't cut hard enough.

I hear beeping, like the beeping you would hear from a heart monitor. A soft fabric cascades down my body, from just under my armpit to the ends of my toes and further.

I try to make out what the people are saying. I make out words like 'she' 'live' 'flatline'. The last one takes me by surprise.

I'm in a hospital. I'm the patient.

Something warm grips my hand tightly. A buzz goes through my hand and then sends tingles through my spine. I instantly know who's clasping my small hand in theirs.

Drake.

It has to be him. He is the only one that has that effect on me. As cliché as that sounds, it's the truth.

Then my mind starts racing with questions. How did I get here? Who's with me? What happened?

I try remembering the chain of events that happened before hand. I remember running away from Drake, getting burned by Alison, running home and cutting deep holes into my skin. What did I think I would accomplish then? I'm so stupid.

"Hey Blossom." I hear Drake greet me and I stay silent - not that I could talk anyway - but I silence my thoughts and listen to his every word. "The doctors said you're awake in the coma seeing as your heart rate has picked up." He laughs softly. "I just wanted to say that," he intakes a huge breath then releases it. "I'm sorry. I could've helped you but I didn't. I had the power to stop the bullying but I didn't. You wouldn't be in this state if I had just...helped. Anyway, I also wanted to say that...I love you. More then anything in the world. And you can't die, if not for me then for your family and your friends. You have to continue being the strong, beautiful girl you are. You're not alone. I'm not going to leave you. I want to be there for you all the time just please, please don't push me away anymore. You have to live. You need to so I can prove I'm worthy of you. To look after you and hold you when you're scared. To laugh at your smart ass remarks and to smile when you wake up in the mornings. I want to be that person that make you feel like your at home cause that's what you are to me. You make me feel at home. I love you Evangeline. And I know that love is worth fighting for."

His hand that cocooned around mine, let's go. I mentally frown but then I smell and feel peppermint breath fan my face. Lips touch my forehead and stay there for a while before leaving. A hand caresses my face that I would lean into if I had control over my body. I feel my heart beat faster in my chest, threatening to fly out of its cage any second.

"You...you can hear me?" He asks, his voice cracking.

Yes Drake. I can hear you. I-I love you to and I will fight, with all the power in my body.

I hear metal moving and then a muffled voice. "She's listening. Her heart rate is picking up." An unfamiliar voice beams. I think it's one of the doctors?

"Evangeline?" This voice is all to familiar though. It's my mums.

"I'll let you guys..." The warmth that engulfed me slowly leaves and not even the covers keep me warm anymore.