Diary entry 27 - We didn't do anything!

A/N
Cover at the top made by Mare from BlueDevilSquad.
Thank you so so much!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Drake POV

I lie in her bed, my eyes looking at her beautiful face, the moonlight giving all the light I need to see her. The senior dance is in less then two days and she's coming with me. Evangeline Roman is coming with me! To a dance!

I think back to the first time I met her. Her beautiful light-brown hair left hanging above her waist line, falling in loose waves. I remember seeing the way she professionally moved her hand over the piece of paper in front of her, drawing the perfect curves and edges of the artist. I remember the way her eyebrows pulled together whilst she was drawing and the way her tongue stuck out just the slightest bit as she concentrated on her work, completely oblivious to my wondering eyes.

I remember hearing her beautiful voice when she sang the song in music and the way she blushed when she got complimented and when the whole class applauded her.

I remember getting to know her better and better, working on the project.

I remember her skating and showing me who to do a kickflip and then tending to me when I busted my ankle. How she had the breakdown in my kitchen and how she said she felt so vulnerable. Then her falling asleep and then I cradled her in my arms, holding onto her and never letting her go.

And then I remember almost losing her. How I had almost failed in ensuring she was safe, is safe. And how she didn't even point out my flaw. And now I will make sure that never happens again.

Ever.

She lets out little snores here and there but not the types that make you want to rip off your ears. The snores that make you swoon in cuteness.

She snuggles closer into my chest, her vanilla scent filling my nose senses. My breath hitches at our close proximity but I don't let her go, I pull her closer to me.

"I love you Blossom." I plant a soft kiss on her head, letting my lips linger a little longer before pulling away and rubbing my thumb over her shoulder. "I'd never leave you. And that guy in your dreams would never be me." I reassure her, hoping, praying that she won't have that awful nightmare again now that I'm here to show her I'm not going anywhere.

Her death grip tightens even more and then I know that she knows I'm with her. Even in her dreaming state.

I close my eyes and give her one last squeeze before falling into slumber.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I feel something soft on my cheek, causing a tingle to go down my spine. Vanilla blocks my senses and I know that Evangeline is the one planting the soft, gentle kiss on my cheek.

I resist the temptation to smile, wanting her to think I'm asleep just a while longer.

"I know you're awake." She giggles, sending me to cloud nine.

Oh dang it!

My eyes open slowly and then they zero in on her smiling face. The smile that hadn't appeared on my face seconds ago does just that, now. "Hello." My voice comes out hoarse and groggy with a hint of...huskiness. Just for you my Blossom. "You missed." I say, making a kissy face. She laughs, the sound melting my heart and smacks my chest.

"No. I didn't miss thank you very much." She giggles again and then stares off into the distance.

"Worth a shot." I shrug, getting the feeling of Déjà vu.