Chapter 65: The Night a Monster was Born.

Start from the beginning

"I was ready to die. I was supposed to die. I don't - I don't want to be - I can't be a vampire! If there's something that Bonnie can do, we have to try."

"We will. We'll try everything." Stefan said soothingly.

Damon scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Your choice, Elena. As always."

Damon got up and walked out. Stefan looked at Elena, who was still in tears.

In the kitchen, Damon grabbed a bottle of alcohol from a cupboard and poured himself a drink. Stefan entered the kitchen.

"Way to get her hopes up for something that's never happened in the history of vampirism."

"You know what, you weren't there the day Elena looked me in the eye and told me she absolutely never wanted this."

Damon drank the whole drink in a single gulp.

"Then you shouldn't have let her die."

"I never meant for her to die. She asked me to help Matt first and I did."

"And now the world has one more quarterback. Bravo, brother."

Damon poured himself another drink.

"I made a choice that I will regret for the rest of my life. Now let me try to fix it." Stefan left.

Damon glowered as he finished his second drink. Back in the bedroom, Elena was looking at herself in the mirror. She was breathing heavily and rubbed her face. She touched her teeth to check if they had sprouted fangs yet. Her hearing had intensified and she heard the electricity running through a light bulb and looked down at it. Suddenly, she saw Jeremy in the doorway and walked over to him.

"Jer!"

They embraced.

"Are you okay?"Jeremy asked. "I watched Vicki go through this, she was a mess. Her emotions were all over the place. All these old memories came flooding back."

Elena glanced over at the light bulb again, but turned back to face Jeremy.

"I'm fine. I'm not Vicki."

"No, you're not. You're you. You act like everything's okay so no one worries about you but you need help."

Elena kept glancing at the light bulb.

"I said I'm fine, okay?" Elena snapped. She looked at Jeremy and sighed. "I - I'm sorry, I....Have you talked to Bonnie?"

"Yeah, she said when I was shot; she made some plea to the witch spirits to bring me back and they listened."

"Yeah, but the consequences were horrible."

"And what could be more horrible than you turning into a vampire? I need my sister, not another one of them."

"We're gonna find a way out of this. Everything's gonna be okay."

"I hope so." Jeremy looked towards the door. "Maybe Talia can do what Bonnie did."

"She's still not awake," Elena spoke. "Thank God she was found when she was."

"I'm scared we were still too late." Jeremy sighed and he walked out.

Elena turned around and looked at the light bulb in the lamp. She strode towards it, pulled off the lampshade and crushed the light bulb in her hand.

Meanwhile, at Mystic Falls Hospital, Talia lay in bed, tubes surrounding her lithe body and face. After she was found, she was unconscious and remained so for hours.