Twenty-Eight

Unedited
Art is not mine.

They stayed as long as they could until a nurse came in saying only one of them could stay with Zayn overnight, of course everyone agreed it'd be Liam. Zayn's parents as well as Karen gave each of them kissed and good lucks. Karen even agreed to watch Daisy until they could take over.

"You know since your father died I've been awfully lonely, I would love to watch her."

"Mum, Ruth comes up to visit you like every two weeks." Liam had spoke and rolled his eyes. Karen slapped the back of his head and said he ought to visit some more.

Harry and Louis left after that. Harry wishing them the best and for Liam to keep him updated, Louis awkwardly doing the same, except without the updates.

Liam sighed as the door closed behind his mum. She was holding his sleeping daughter. Liam laid his head on the bed next to his Husbands thigh and held onto his shin. Zayn reached down to run his fingers through Liam's short hair.

"I'm scared, Liam." Zayn mumbled. Liam lifted his eyes and grabbed Zayns hand in his hair, holding it.

"I am too, but he's a fighter. He'll be better before we know." Even as Liam said it, his eyes watered and his voice wavered. Zayn just nodded and tugged slightly.

"Please get up here and cuddle me."

-
-
-

Louis looked up at the moon as Harry squeezed his hand.

"Do you want to come back to my place?" Harry asked, looking at Louis as he continued to stare up at the dark sky.

"Would that be a good idea?" He spoke, looking back at Harry. Harry shrugged.

"Seems like a good idea to me. You're mom isn't here to take you home and it's late."

"Okay." Louis spoke, he was exhausted. Harry's eyes widened before he gently guided Louis to his car.

-

By the time harry pulled up to his house, Louis was out cold, curled up in his seat and leaning against the door. Harry nearly cooed at the sight. He turned the car off and got out, moving to Louis' side without waking him. He opened Louis door slowly until he was able to let Louis lean against him. He unbuckled the seat belt and untangled it from around Louis before picking him up bridal style.

Louis shifted in his arms, pressing his face into Harry's neck and letting out a soft sigh, goosebumps appeared on Harry's skin.

Harry opened the front door with difficulty before kicking it closed. He walked up to his room with Louis in his arms before laying him down. As soon as he moved his arms from under Louis, he curled up into a ball. This time Harry did coo at him, quietly.

-
-
-

Harry woke up before Louis did and when he looked at the time it was only a few minutes after 8. Harry smiled at the boy laying in his arms. He kissed down Louis' face,, before cupping his cheek and whispering

"Good morning my Lou." While his lips were pressed against his other cheek. Louis fidgeted a bit before letting out a small yawn and pushing himself further into Harry's warmth.

"'Mornin' hazza." Louis mumbled, turning around and pressing his bare chest to Harry's. Harry tightened his arms and kissed his temple. "Why am I shirtless?"

"You started sweating so I took off your shirt and jeans, hope that was alright?" Harry tensed up, hoping he hadn't gone over the line. Louis kissed Harry's collarbone.

"Thank you." Harry shrugged a little.

"It was nothing , Lou." Louis shook his head and pressed himself more into Harry.

"Not for taking off my clothes, just for being here for me."

"Anytime, Louis, anytime."

-
-
-

A/n I apologize for taking long to update. I honestly don't know where I'm going with this story at the moment.

Side note: It's the 6 year anniversary since One Direction was officially formed and it has been one hell of a roller coaster.