Twenty-Two

Important Authors Note at the end !!

"Hi mum."

"Louis?" She paused and took a deep breath, Louis could hear how choppy her breathing sound, as if she was trying not to cry. "Why are you calling me? Did that fag leave you?"

"Mum, please." Louis' voice craked and a soft cry pushed past his dry lips, his plaster covered arm craddled to his chest. It seemed his mothers had a quick change of heart, hearing him cry.

"Boo?" She was using her mother-bear voice, soft and sweet, soothing to Louis' ears. "Why are you crying?"

"I want to come home. Plea-" Louis took a breath, squeezing his eyes shut. "Please let me come home."

His mother nodded and said, "text me the address, I'm getting dressed." Before hanging up and leaving Louis to sit alone on a bathroom floor.

Louis sat there and memories of him and Harry flashed through his mind. Like that first morning together when Harry kept looking at his cell phone. Or on their first date when Harry kept asking him personal questions and barely answering his. So many flags went up as Louis reminisced.

A knock on the door caused Louis to jump and whimper when he moved his arm.

"Louis, please talk to me. I don't understand what's going on with you right now. Did Niall say something?' Harry spoke through the door, his head resting against it as he chewed on his bottom lip.

Louis quickly sent a text to his mother before getting up and opening the door, Since Harry was leaning against it, he fell into Louis. Instead of straightening up he wrapped his arms around Louis' small body and pressed his face into his neck.

"Please talk to me." Harry mumbled, feeling Louis tense in his arms.

"Let me go Harry." Louis spoke slowly, softly. Harry shook his head.

"Tell me what's on your mind."

"I need to pack a bag." Harry's grip tightened around Louis and he whined against his neck.

"Please don't leave me." Harry whispered.

"I don't know you." Louis finally wrapped his arms loosely around Harry's waist, trying to push his face into Harry's shoulder. "I have to go, my mom-"

"DON'T GO BACK THERE!" Harry immediately yelled, pulling back and looking at Louis with wild bloodshot eyes. Louis' own eyes were wide open, shocked at Harry's yell.

"I will tell you about anything you want, just don't go back to her." Harry panicked. Louis pulled back and stepped away from Harry.

They stood there, staring at each other. Harry panicking and hoping Louis doesn't got back to that woman Louis called mother. Louis was trying to figure out if he was making the right decision or not. Before Louis could make a decision, a small knocked came from behind Harry. They both turned around and looked at Jenna.

"Uh, Harry, your phone has been ringing non-stop and Niall and I are getting a headache." Harry nodded. "I'll be there in a second." He turned back to Louis and kissed his forehead, his lips lingering. "I love you Louis." He whispered, stepping away before Louis could reply.

-
-
-
45 minutes later, Louis had an overnight bag packed, Harry was locked away in his office and Jenna and Niall taking a bath together. Louis' phone vibrated as his mother sent a text telling him she's outside.

Louis grabbed his bag and began walking towards the door when a wet hand grabbed his good wrist.

"Don't come back, he's dangerous." Jenna whispered, holding her towel up with her other hand. She gave Louis a stern look before speed walking back towards the guest bathroom.

-
-
-

"Mum, I'm fine." Louis said for the 100th time since he got settled into his room, he pushed the bowl of soup away.

"I know something is wrong." She sighed and set the bowl of soup down on the bedside table. She sat next to Louis, biting on her bottom lip before reaching over and rubbing his back. "Something is wrong, there's no way you'd call me up and ask to come back after the things i said." She paused. "I'm so sorry, boo. I didn't mean the things I sai-"

"I know mum. It's fine." He turned onto his back and held his mothers hand between his, looking up at her.

"What I said was not okay and Pastor Johnson helped me see that. I shouldn't have turned my back on you. I should've-"

"Mum, just drop it. We're both okay now." Louis yawned and curled up, letting go of his mothers hand when she gently pulled away from his hold.

As Louis' eyes closed, his missed his mother grabbing the bowl of soup along with his phone. When his mother reached the kitchen, she poured the bowl of soup down the sink drain and unlocked Louis' phone, his code being his birthday, and sent a quick text before deleting the message.
-
-
-

A/N Hi! I'm so sorry for taking forever to update. My parents recently separated and I took it pretty hard. I wasn't sleeping and I was eating less, doing a lot of extra work and just I haven't been okay. Sorry if this chapter is trash 😂😂 Anyway ideas for the next chapter?

*NOT EDITED*