Twenty-Four

Unedited

Harry hung up the phone and rubbed his hands down his face. He felt properly stressed out. The business his mum had left him is doing great but it's the store managers that was fucking everything up. Harry knew he was going to have to fire at least 3 of them and replace them in the same week. Harry wanted to cry when he heard his phone ringing.

"Styles speaking." He heard a giggle before Liam spoke.

"I'm guessing you just finished a meeting?" He questioned, holding the phone between his head and shoulder while he tickled his daughter.

"Yea." Harry breathed. "What's up?"

"Well, Zayn and I are having a pizza night and I was wondering if you'd come, bring Louis as well. Hopefully he won't fall ill this time." Liam seemed hopefully as he watched his daughter play with his fingers.

"Um," Harry frowned. "Louis and I are kinda going through a rough patch,"Liam made a sound of disapproval. "right now, I could come 'round. Not too sure Louis will be joining me though."

Liam sighed. "Yea, alright. What happened? You two seemed fine when we had met."

"He thinks he doesn't know enough about me so he went back home, to his mum."

"When? Maybe you should open up more you know. Tell him whatever he wants to know."

"He left last night, had to kick Niall out. I'll try to talk to him, alright? I gotta go." Harry hung up before Liam could say anything else.

-
-
-
Liam frowned and looked at Daisy when she poked his cheek. He put his phone down on the couch.

"Uncle haz is a meany." He spoke.

"Hawey no meany. Papa meany." Daisy spoke, crossing her chubby arms over her chest. Liam fake gasped, a hand on his chest.

"I'm not mean, I give you tickles." Liam spoke the same time he started tickling his daughter, her giggles filling the room as she squirmed. Eventually Liam stopped and she got down from his lap.

"Fine. Papa nice. I go play toys." She spoke, running off to her room, only waving at Zayn as he passed by her.

Zayn let out a sigh as he walked over to Liam, sitting on his lap. His six month old belly, poking Liam's tummy.

"Well hello gorgeous." Liam smiled, wrapping an arm around his husbands hips. Zayn put his hands around Liam's neck and leaned forward.

"Hello handsome." Zayn pecked his lips. "Your son has been very active today, pressing on my bladder and kicking my ribs." Liam cooed, moving his hands to Zayns stomach, feeling their son kicked lightly against his palm.

"Hello baby boy, mine giving mommy a break? Relax for papa, yea." The baby gave another soft kick before moving around in Zayns stomach, Zayn letting out a soft sigh.

"He seems to like you, finally moved off my bladder." Zayn laid his head on Liams shoulder. "3 more months." Zayn sighed, he always loved the feeling of being pregnant. He loved the glow it gave him, he longed to feel his child kick and move around. Loved watching his body swell up as he grew a new human being inside of him.

Liam kissed his temple and rubbed his lower back. "I can't wait to finally be able to hold him." Zayn smiled and kissed Liam's neck.

"Me either." Their love bubble was popped when they heard their daughter scream,

"Mommy! Papa! Come play!"

-
-
-

Louis doesn't remember how he got here. He doesn't remember walking into the building or getting on the elevator, doesn't remember opening the door and walking into the hospital room.

"What happened?" He whispered.

"She started coughing up blood and then she fainted so I brought her here. They're waiting on results from the lab." Her voice sounded emotionless.

"Did the doctor give you a guess or something on what he thinks is wrong?" Louis grabbed her warm hand and looked down at her sleeping face. She looked so tired.

"They think it's cancer." She paused, tears filling her eyes. "I don't know how to handle this, how to deal with this."

Louis shook his head, his hand tightening, "It was just a prediction, doctors are wrong all the time." Louis refused to believe that his best friend had cancer.

Maya never replied, just looked down at her girlfriend, so many thoughts running through her mind.

"Liza doesn't have cancer." Louis spoke again, firmly. His eyes gazed over but he refused to let tears fall. She's fine, just a flu. "Just a flu."

Maya shook her head and grabbed Louis' free hand, not bothering the mention that, really, all the symptoms were there.

---

-
-
-

A/N Thoughts on this chapter?
In case anyone is confused, I rewrote the last two chapters, throwing out the idea of shape shifter Harry.
Shameless Promo:
Instagram/Tumblr: theirbullsht
Twitter: daydaywallen