Josh's POV. 3

It's the last week of school and I can't wait to leave. This morning I was looking all over for my black vans hoodie but couldn't find it. Then it hit me, Mariah still has it. I seriously don't think she plans on giving it back. Instead I wore a green GOLF sweatshirt.

Mariah was already at the bus stop when I left. We've been avoiding each other lately. I'm really not mad that she hit Victoria, but I can't act like I'm happy about it. Victoria is my girlfriend, but she's not exactly the girl I love. I love Mariah. It's like every time  look at her, I know what love is. The problem is Mariah doesn't like me. But like mom used to always tell me, never give up on your dream.

"You're always on your phone." I said.

"You're always on my nerves." She said. That was actually pretty savage.

"Ok what's your problem?" I fold my arms.

"I've been thinking too much."

"About...?"

"Why everyone won't just bug off." It went silent for a while. "So you have any regrets?"

"No not really. Maybe one or two." She nodded. "Do you? Have any regrets I mean."

"Yeah. A few."

"What are they?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"How did you get like this?"

"Like what?" She defensively snapped back.

Before you were like a rose. Now you're like... Damaged."

"Well Josh... Even roses die too."

"Wow." I shook my head in disbelief.

"What?"

"It's like you don't even realize how lovely you are." I said lowly.
---
I went to the cafeteria and sat my friends Sid and Ryan. "Aye buddy, why so down?" Asked Sid.

"It's probably Mariah again." Answered Ryan. "Why do you kept chasing after her man? She just some girl."

"You gotta admit she's kinda cute though."

"Shut up" I said sitting down.

"It's ok kid, you're in love. It happens." Sid patted me on the back.

"Then why are you still with Victoria?"

"I don't know." I think she's just a distraction from Mariah. I just don't want to hurt her.

"Well you lost the perfect opportunity to dump her." Ryan.

"I know." I should have done it when she tried fighting Mariah.

"Making out with her everyday won't help you." Said Sid.

"I know."

"Then why keep doing it?" Said Sid.

"Because he's a guy. Duh." Said Ryan.

"So stupid." I thought aloud.

"You need to break up with Victoria." Said Sid.

"Maybe by text message " added Ryan.
---
In chemistry I sent the break up text to Victoria. Oh sit, that means she's going to act a fool for the rest of school. I should've waited until summer.

"You know, you've changed drastically since Chris left." I turned to Mariah.

"Maybe I'm just not the person everyone thinks I am."

"I know what you are."

"And what's that?"

"Intoxicated with madness, and in love with your sadness."