Soccer try outs

Today my hair was NOT cooperating with me all.  I was running out of time and patience, so I just threw it up in a bun. I walked over to my closet and pulled out my navy blue, burgundy, and white flannel. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out a fitted white tank top. I looked over at my clock and saw that I was running late so ran to my closet and grabbed my khaki jeans. I jumped all over the place trying to pull them on. The things girls do to look good in jeans. As I walked over to my white chuck Taylor's I tripped over my little brothers remote control car. I slowly got up and heard a knock on the door. I ran to the door.

"Hey, you coming to school today?" Asked Josh when I answered.

"Yeah I'm just running late. Come on come in." I said not even closing the door behind him. I ran back to my room and put my shoes on. Josh came in seconds later.

"Nice room." He said looking around. "It looks like it belongs on tumblr or something."

"Thanks" I said stuffing books in backpack. I then heard fumbling coming from behind me. I turned around to find Josh making up my bed. If I wasn't in a rush I'd hug him. I grabbed my back pack and Josh and ran out of the door. We made it just in time for the buss.

"Why were you so concerned about me coming to school? Were you worried about missing me?" I asked.

"Actually I wanted to know so that I could have my hoodie back."

"Oh yeah. Sorry, I'll give it to you tomorrow."
---
"Hey Chris, are you still trying out for the soccer team this year?"

"Duh... Are you?"

"Well. I was but now I'm not so sure."

"Why? I was looking forward to seeing you run around in some shorts."

I punched lightly in the shoulder. "Because, I don't have the skills. All I can do is run like a dog."

"I got you." He said nodding his head.

"What do you mean?"

"Verás" He said smirking. I'll see? Fuck you mean? I thought.
---
In chemistry class I watched Josh carefully. He was doodling in a notebook. He was so focused, I've never seen him like this. His curly dark brown hair was a mess. Some how it looked cute though. I wonder if he and that girl, Gabbi was talking about, are a thing. Is it even possible that he could like me? Nah. How am I going to tutor him? I'm not that good at chemistry, I have a B.

"Josh?"

"Mariah?"

"When do I have to tutor you?"

"Um... Can we do it tomorrow?"

"Can't. I have soccer tryouts."

"You're trying out for soccer? I thought you'd be more of the cheerleader type."

"What makes you think that?"

"You're a pretty, you smile a lot, you're loud, and not to mention tiny." He patted the bun on my head.

I slapped his hand away, "shut up. So is Thursday ok?"

"Yeah that's good."

---

After I ducking out of my last class I began walking towards my bus. Suddenly I heard, "hey princess!" I turned around to find Chris jogging towards me.

"Hi Chris." I said

"Can I give you a ride home?"

"Uh- yeah. Sure." I said. Geez, why I am I so lame?

"Ok, cool come on." He grabbed my hand and we went back into the building. While in the hallway we bumped into some of his friends.

"Oh is that the girl Chris is dumping us for?" Said the guy with a man bun.

"She's cute tho..." Said the guy with drake eyebrows. I could feel my face turn red.

"Aye she's mine." His grip got tighter on my hand. "And I'm not dumping y'all ok?

"Alright man." Said drake eyebrows.

"Hey can we get a ride home?" Asked man bun.

"Nah, I'm bringing my girl home, maybe-"

"Ahh see, you're whipped man. You can't even bring your boys home." Said drake eyebrows.

"It's cool." I said. "I'm gonna go catch my bus." I walked off. Once I passed the corner I sprinted for the bus. Thank god it was still there. Once I got on, I saw that my spot next Josh was taken by another girl. She had apple red hair and green eyes; and boy was she touching all over Josh's leg. This must be Victoria. I looked at the back of the bus there was only two seats open. One was next to a boy with glasses and a face full of acne. The other was next to a basketball player, the only problem with that seat was that it was across Brandon. As soon as I made my realization Brandon and I made eye contact. Shit. He gave me a small smile and gestured for me to sit there. I flipped him off and sat next to glasses who was sleeping with his mouth wide open.
---
when I got home I took out some fruit from the fridge. I sliced them up and put it in a container. I sat at my desk eating fruit and doing my homework. As I was putting my books back into my back pack, the doorbell rang.

"Hey princess ready for soccer practice?"

What the hell? "What are you talking about?"

"Im going to train you for soccer." He said as if it were obvious. He let himself in.

"Yeah come in." I said sarcastically.

"Nice house." He said looking at our family pictures.

"Come on." I said grabbing his hand. I lead him into my room. I dug out my black adidas shorts and my black VIEWS album Tshirt out of my drawer. I turned around to see Chris eating the rest of my fruit. Meanie.
---
Chris and I practiced from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the park. If this doesn't prepare me for tryouts then I don't know what will. He taught me skills and tricks, that professionals use. We played in a scrimmage until it started raining. Of course Chris was winning, but I could tell he was going easy on me. As the rain fell to my eyelashes, I walked over to where I sat my water bottle. I suddenly felt two hands on my stomach and Chris's body heat on my neck. "You did good princess." He said and the hairs on my neck stood up. "I guess we are going to be a soccer couple."

I turned around to face him. "Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate it."

"Anything for my girlfriend."

I couldn't help but to laugh like a little school girl. He picked me up supporting butt mostly. I wrapped my legs around him. That's right, I hugged him like a kawala bear. He leaned in for a kiss, and I met him halfway.
---
💜so I'm going to start making my chapters longer, and more detailed.

💜Questions, comments, or suggestions? Lemme know.

💜Who's your favorite boy? Lemme know.

💜I love you more than cookies 🍪❤️