You gotta do what you gotta do.

The next day, I rode my skateboard to school again. Not too far along, I hear another skateboard-Josh's skateboard. "Hey." He said I noticed he had a red duffle bag.

"Hey." I said before turning. He followed.

"Look I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't know how much you needed them."

"I don't want to think about it." Was all I could say.

"Right. I get it..." We made another turn.

"What's in the bag?" I asked.

"I'll show you at school."
---
"How old is your brother?" He asked as we entered the building.

"Five." I answered. "How old is your sister?"

"Twenty two." We walked into the courtyard and sat at a table. He opened his bag. "I brought you some things."

"Why?"

"Shhhh!" Did he seriously just shush me?  "These are walkie talkies for you and your brother." He sat everything on the table. "I've got some snacks him too." He passed me a bag full of candy, cookies, pretzels, and things like that. "I found these too," he had bunch of race cars in a small box.

"Why are you doing this?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Because I care."

"I can't take any of this."

"You can, and you will." His face was so serious. "Here." He handed note and then walked away.

"Meet me at the football field after school.

-hoodie boy "
---
"Why would he do that?" Asked Gabbi.

"Because he flushed the ecstasy pills."

"What the hell? You needed those?"

"Yeah I know... But I don't want his help. I mean, I appreciate him trying but... I don't need another guy in my life."

"Maybe you should give him a try. At least let him give you the money, that he basically threw away."

"I don't need help from him."

"You know, I'm starting to believe Benny was right- you know about Josh liking you."

"He's with icky Vicky." Gabbi chuckled.

"I know but if he didn't, he wouldn't make an effort to help you."

"I guess."

"Come to my house after school."

"I have to bring this stuff back to Josh's house, then I can come." There's no way I'm having a pity party with Josh at the football field. Shout out to Melanie Martinez.

"Ok, I'll bring you." She said as the bell rang.
---
After school I went a different route to parking lot to avoid Josh's daily make out session. Plus I didn't want him to drag me out to the field with him.

Gabbi and I met at her car. I swear every time I see this car I get a headache. We drove to Josh's house. I rang the doorbell and a woman with short brown messy hair answered the door. "Can I help you?" She had a smile, but I could tell it's fake.