The game

Above is a visual of what Mariah wore to the game.
---
After school I rode the bus home and started on my homework. Around 5:00 I got ready to go to the game. I wore a white and emerald green supreme hoodie, black leggings, and the Jordan 5 "Grapes". Since I can't drive I skateboarded all the way to school which wasn't that far.

When I got there the gym was full. There were no more seats in the bleachers so I was going to leave. There was no way I was going to awkwardly stand there and risk getting ran over by a bunch of hot and sweaty athletes. Then again it doesn't sound too bad.

As I was making my way towards the exit, there was Brandon standing, leaning with his elbow supporting him on the wall and his palm on his head blocking my exit. He was wearing his black and light blue basketball warm ups.

"Where you goin' pretty lady?"

"Actually I was going to leave, there's no more seats."

"Oh no you're not sitting on the bleachers, my girl has VIP seating, come on." He grabbed my arm pulled me across the court. "Here you get to sit on the bench, I know it's not that great but-"

-"I'd rather sit on this sweaty bench than get squished into a piece of paper by two smelly people." I said sweetly.

"You're too cute." He said. He then brushed his hand against my check.

The game started and Brandon had to leave. I could feel my face burning where he touched.

Brandon was a pretty good player, but hoodie boy was better. In fact hoodie boy made most of the shots. This boy was truly talented. He was breaking ankles and wrists, left and right. I'd never tell him that to his face though.

When the game was over I ran to Brandon and hugged him. "you did so- ooh you're sweaty," I said pushing him back.

He then bear hugged me and said, "I know right."

I pushed him back again and said, "you did really good tonight."

"Only because of you. " he said as he slid his hand from my shoulder to my elbow. "To be honest, you made me really nervous."

"I could tell when you missed that last free throw."

"Hey I thought you were being nice."

"I'm always nice."

"Whatever ."

"I am."

"Suuuuure"

"Shut up." I lightly punched him in the arm.

"Do you have a ride home?"

"Actually I rode here" I said holding up my skateboard.

"I see, well I gotta go."

" ok" he engulfed me into a hug and I felt him kiss the top of my head.
---
"Can I waLk you home?" Said Josh

"Nah, I'm good." I said brushing him off.

"Don't be like that." He said blocking my exit. "I have something I want to show you."

"And what might that be?"

"You'll see." he said picking up his skateboard.