Thief

"AUGGIE DOGGIE MATTHEWS, YOU THIEF! WHERE IS MY DIARY?!"
It doesn't happen often, but when Riley's diary suddenly disappears from its spot, she knows that it's Auggie to blame. Normally there's nothing too interesting, but last time he took it there wasn't anything about Maya, and Riley was panicked about what her brother could possibly find.
Riley bursts through Auggie's bedroom door and sees him, diary in hand, on his bed.
"Auggie, what did you read?"
"Dear Diary," he starts aloud, "today she came into the Bay Window and the light made her look so beautiful... all I wanted to do was ki-"
"AUGGIE!" Riley dives at him and snatched her diary away from her brother's prying eyes, she knows it's too late.
"Riley, you like Maya, don't you?" Auggie knows, he just needs to hear it to be certain.
Riley bows her head in shame, picking at the edges of her diary, "Maybe..."
Auggie springs up and throws hi arms around his sister, "I'm glad you finally realized! Took you long enough."
"Wh-what?"
"Dad an I had this bet that- you know what? It doesn't matter. Enjoy your diary, I'll talk to you later." Auggie leaves his room quickly. As he retreats down the hall, Riley hears, "DAD! YOU OWE ME TWENTY BUCKS!"