Take Your Best Shot

Today is the day that I, Maya Hart, would tell my mom my biggest secret. She's in the kitchen. She's in a pretty good mood today so I think I can get away from this easy. Ok. Here I go.
"Mom? Can I talk to you for a minute? It's important..." No turning back now.
Mom sets aside her book, "Hey baby girl, I'm not busy, what's up?"
"Now, this might be surprising and please don't be mad at me, but-"
"Baby girl, nothing you could say to me could make me mad. Take your best shot." Ok, so far so good, time to just say it... One... Two... Three!
"Mom, I'm really freaking gay and I'm dating Riley" Ok so blurting it out in one breath probably wasn't the greatest idea, but I said it
"Is that all? I know, baby!" Mom actually laughed, what the hell?
"What!?"
"When you were little you told me you were going to marry her someday... Plus, no one wears THAT much flannel without being at least curious." Oh my god.
"MOM! Why did you never say anything!?"
"Cause your sexuality doesn't change anything about you in my eyes. The sky is blue, the grass is green, and my daughter is gay. They're just things to learn and accept, not question." This has gone way better than expected. I can't believe it, but I'm grateful for it.
"I love you, mom."
"I love you, too, sweetheart. Now, where do you want to go for dinner?"