Special

The idea that Maya Hart was anything other than straight was funny to her. Not funny 'haha' just funny. Like she needed anything else to make her different. Her dad left her, she has half a mom, and she's not straight? Sounds luxurious.
There was something different, however, about her not being straight. If she says it, her label, she feels... special? Labeling herself gives her this feeling of hope, of solidarity. She feels this power of knowing that she deciphered a piece of herself, all by herself! She learned and grew all by herself!
Er- ok, she had some help. Riley was the one who helped her realize she liked girls in the first place!
Riley. Crap. Maya hadn't thought yet about what she'd say to her best friend. Riley was prone to asking questions, and chances were she'd ask how Maya knew.  Maya wasn't ready for the impending questions. She tried to come up with inconspicuous answers, but none seemed to work, Riley would see through them for sure. Maya decides it might not be so bad to just tell the ray of sunshine the truth. Riley has had crushes on girls in the past... or maybe they weren't crushes? Whatever they were, it was Riley, and it was girls.
Except! Telling Riley the truth about how Maya discovered her sexuality could cause a rift. Maya has to decide if she is willing to risk the confession... who knows what'll happen?