Flash

It was nearing midnight and Riley and Maya were sharing Riley's bed, as usual. Maya fell asleep not too long ago, but Riley was still awake. She was watching the blonde beside her sleep. She was left breathless by the way the moon cast its glow across the other girl's skin. She felt the compulsive urge to take a picture of the sleeping girl- though she knows she will have this image imprinted into her brain- and she grabs her camera from her night stand. Fumbling in the dark a bit, she manages to turn it on and focus on the angelic sleeping figure, *Click.* A temporarily blinding light protrudes from the camera, startling Riley and rousing Maya from her peaceful slumber.
"Riley," Maya's voice is husky with sleep as she mumbles, "you forgot to turn off your flash again, didn't you?"
"I'm sorry, Peaches, I couldn't resist, you look so beautiful in the moonlight, I just wanted to capture the moment."
"I'll forgive you, but only if you kiss me goodnight again and promise to double check your flash."
"I promise." Riley leans down to meet Maya's lips with her own as Maya mumbles a soft
"I love you, Honey" as she drifts back to sleep. Riley checks, and double checks, that her flash is off, and snaps a picture of her girl.