Reversed

Little Riley Matthews ran out of her window and into another that would change her life forever. She met Maya Hart, a girl her age, and they quickly became best friends. Maya's parents were never home, so her grandmother always watched the girls, she had the best stories to imagine anyways. Riley escaped to Maya's daily, Maya's  was a safe haven from her parents pressures to be the best. Maya's cat, Ginger, was a bit of a pain at times, but she was sweet. With all the alone time the girls got, it was no mystery when they started discussing feelings and emotions. They discovered that they liked each other when they were six, and they promptly became secret girlfriends. They would hold hands and kiss each other's cheeks, kindergarten romance stuff. That stuff ended up being carried through their older years by habit. Their titles of girlfriend long forgotten, a boy came into the picture. Lucas was new, Lucas was different. Neither girl could recall ever having a real crush, so when they both revealed they liked Lucas it was a problem for everyone. That was the year Riley stopped crawling through Maya's window. Their conflict over Lucas fizzled out, as Lucas remained indecisive, and they once again grew close. Maya decided to redecorate her bedroom, and Riley threw a fit. They took a trip down memory lane and the memory of the fateful day of feelings came flooding back. They remembered revealing to each other that they liked one another. They remembered they became girlfriends. Most importantly, however, they remembered that they never broke up. These revelations being brought to light caused the girls to reconsider their stance on their friendship, they both broke up with Lucas shortly after. They ended up dating for fourteen years(though nine they were unaware of) and became engaged. Their marriage was a beautiful one.