Cast Away

The Matthews decided to take a well deserved vacation to Australia, and of course they had to bring Maya, their daughter's girlfriend.
They were staying right on the coast, walking distance from most everything, too. Riley and Maya used this to their full advantage, traveling daily to the local shopping center and to a juice bar with an open mic stage.
It was during a performance by some blonde and her band that Maya overheard a nearby table mention something about boating out to Mako Island, and she got an idea
"Riles, why don't we go for a picnic?"
"Aw, peaches" Riley says with a smile
"I'll rent a boat and we can go out to that island tomorrow, just you and me, we could hike up the volcano and find a nice spot for lunch."
"That sounds perfect! We can pick up some sandwiches here before we go!"
They leave not too long later, Maya didn't like the looks that the brunette waiter behind the counter was giving them. The people at the table she overheard were looking at them too. They walk back to their rental house, hand in hand.
Riley still isn't sure how exactly Maya got the boat, but they have one, and that's the important thing. They had picked up two sandwiches and two bottles of juice(after being asked a bunch of questions by the wait staff), and were now putting along toward Mako.
Maya hops out once the boat hits sand, she pulls the little boat onto the beach, just enough so it's out of the water by a few feet. "Welcome to our private paradise for the day! Please exit the boat. Careful to watch your step."
They wander their way to a little brook and follow it up. They find themselves starting to tire about half the way up, so they start to look for a clear area to sit.
Seeing a spot, Riley skips over to it– and then she's gone.
"Riley!?" Maya, panicked, runs to the spot her girlfriend disappeared
"In here! I'm ok! Come on down!"
Maya hears the voice from inside a hole, she briefly considers it, then slides down. "Woah. Look at this place. What's up there?"
"Let's look!" Riley hops up the natural rock steps "Wow." The awe in her voice is enough for Maya to follow her
The cave is gorgeous. It seems they've found the inside cone of the volcano. The light coming through plays off the water in the natural pool, casting a blue glow about the walls. "Let's eat in here" Maya kneels and pulls a blanket from the backpack. Riley helps her set it all up and they talk and eat for hours, loosing all track of time.
Eventually, the moon begins to.
They decide to camp out in the cone of the volcano, and try to send a quick text to Topanga. They are surprised to find they have no signal. Shrugging it off, they cuddle together on the blanket, letting their bare feet hang into the pool, they drift off to sleep.
They are not awake when the full moon passes over the pool.