Easier

A prompt as requested by the lovely tumblr user  @ring-power-always

*********

"Maya!" Riley wailed into her best friend's shoulder, "Why is this god forsaken triangle still unresolved? We're seniors now! We should have had this figured out ages ago!"
"Riley, this has to end," Maya always has been the stronger one, but even she had tears in her eyes, "a decision has to be made before we graduate. We can't go on living like this!"
The two share a broken look, asking silently for help from the other. They look forward breathing to gain some semblance of composure, then, in the midst of a heavy sigh, Riley breathes out, "This would be so much easier if we could just date." It was barely a mumble, but Maya heard it anyway
"Riles..."
Riley whips her head to face Maya, she didn't realize what she was saying when she said it, but Maya certainly heard her.
Maya's face was one of confusion and surprise, Riley had suggested ending the triangle by becoming a couple!
Riley's face was one of horror and hope, she had basically just asked out her best friend... but, said friend hadn't run away screaming... yet.
The two held eye contact for an eternity consisting of six seconds, both were envisioning the past and future of their relationship. The day Maya crawled through the window. What their first date would be like, what it would feel like. The time they spent together on their trip with Shawn. What if they break up? What if they get married?
Riley decided it was worth the risk, she caressed Maya's cheek and rapidly brought their lips together. It was quick and soft, but the pull away was breathless. Riley's hand still rested on Maya's cheek. Their eyes spoke all that they wanted to say while they breathed together. Maya then attacked Riley's lips with a ferocious passion.

Three years later...
Wedding bells were chiming as the newlyweds burst forth from the doors of the chapel, not a trace of unhappiness to be seen for miles. Riley and Maya's wedding has just let out and everyone is on an endorphin high. The couple are accepting congratulations from all their friends and relatives
"I'd say this was the best way to end the triangle." Lucas hugged the girls "Seeing how happy you two are together just makes me wonder why the triangle was ever even an issue!"
"It would have saved an awful lot of time if we thought of it sooner!" Maya laughed "I just wish we hadn't kept you trapped for so long. You could have been dating other people instead of waiting on us."
"Speaking of, I'd like you two to meet my plus-one." Lucas gestures behind him, tall, dark haired, fair skinned, athletic build,  "This is Ryan, my boyfriend."
"You're kidding! The whole triangle was for nothing!"