Mint

Maya is staying the night, and she's been weird all night. Riley doesn't mind too much, she can tell that her best friend wants to tell her something, except her patience is beginning to run thin. They brush their teeth, and Riley breaks,
"Maya, why are you acting so weird?! You won't look at me and every time I try to talk to you you seem all distant and glum."
"It's nothing, Riles, you don't need to worr-"
"It can't be nothing, Maya! You don't do this for nothing! Of course I'm going to worry about you!"
Maya leaves the bathroom and flops on the bed, "It's really nothing, Riley." Riley follows and flops next to her, "Please tell me?"
"I can't. Not this."
"Why can't you tell me?"
"I don't want to ruin our friendship"
"Maya, nothing could ever come between us, we'll be together forever, remember?"
"I just don't think-"
"Ring power."
"What?"
"Ring power. What's wrong?"
Maya doesn't have enough words in her vocabulary to describe how she feels as she leans in to her best friend. The kiss was meant to just be a quick peck, but then Riley grabbed her face and brought her back in for another... and another... and another. They're both smiling into the kisses, and when Maya deepens it, they both break apart laughing at how they both taste like toothpaste.
"So... I guess that means you like me back?"
There's no response, just more minty kisses, and, eventually, they fall asleep while curled into one another.