Diary entry 25 - Little things.

Start from the beginning

I smile and jog towards him. "Hey Blossom." He grabs my hand and intertwines our finger together.

He pulls me towards an unfamiliar area.

"Are you gonna kill me?" I ask worriedly.

"Again, if I wanted to, would've done it ages ago." He smirks and pulls me along the yellow path.

Trees surround us and I realise the area as a field. Small daisy flowers cover the grass like a blanket of nature. The area looks healthy and...stunning.

I gasp, my mouth hanging open. My eyes flicker to Drake. "This is breath taking." I remember saying similar words not to long ago when he showed me his backyard. "Where do you find these places?" I marvel.

He shrugs and pulls me along. We sit under a large tree and Drake pulls me onto his lap, his chin resting on my shoulder.

I take in the view. The winter solstice causing the sun to set at an earlier time then normal.

The sky turns a pinky red, making it look like a fire filled sky.

It was sunset. I watched with an unwavering gaze, as a fiery red orb of light slowly sank beneath the horizon, and threads of light lingered in the sky, mingling with the rolling clouds, dyeing the heavens first orange, then red, then dark blue, until all that was left of the sunset was a chalky mauve, and then that melted away in turn as stygian darkness took over the sky.

Sequin-silver stars like the glowing embers of a dying fire winked down at me, illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky, and then suddenly the clouds parted, and I found myself looking at a lustrous, argent disc casting brilliant rays of moonlight onto the now dark green grounds.

Drake and I gaze in peaceful and relaxed silence, neither one of us daring to talk.

The moment is still and calm.

I smile a small smile as I stare into the distance. Drakes warmth enveloping me and keeping me safe and happy.

Drake begins playing with my fingers in his hands, gently tracing the outsides of them, then moving from my nail to my knuckles. He brings my hand to his lips and plants a sweet and meaningful kiss upon it. My breath hitches in my throat and I relax further into his chest.

"Evangeline?" He asks, my names rolling off his tongue and the way he says it comforts me, makes me feel like he will always be there for me and he won't let me go. He tells me so all the time and I know he will stay true to his word.

"Mmmm?" I hum.

"Do you...ah...do want to go to the dance with me?" He asks nervously and I know by the way he asks, he is scared of rejection, he's scared of me saying no.

"Yes, Drake. I will go to the dance with you." I smile and turn my head to look at him. His eyes already glued to my face. I smile a kiss a soft kiss on his lips.

I feel him smiling and he turns my body, both my legs on on side of his body. My arm hooks around his neck and and his hold one of my hands and the other, coiled around my waist.

We both pull away and breathe in for air. He rests forehead on mine for a moment and then pulls me up.

He pulls his phone out of his pocket and I stare at him with a questioning gaze. He smiles then pulls out his earphones and presses play on a song.

"Here." He gives me one of the ear pieces and I push it in my ear, as he does with the other one.

I recognise the guitar tune and match the song of 'little things' by 1D.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I hold his shoulders in a dancing position. We turn elegantly, our body's in tune with the slow music.

The warmth between us grows more powerful by the second. My heartbeat growing steadily along with it.

Our dance is perfect; everything from our breathing to how our feet moved stayed in sync.

If, by the end of this dance my breath is taken away, I would know the exact reason why.

He begins to sing the lyrics.

"I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile,
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs,
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine,
But I'll love them endlessly."

My eyes that are trained on our feet rise to meet Drakes beautiful ocean blue orbs. They hold so much emotion. Love. Admiration. Caring. Protection. And...scared. His scared. But of what? Is he scared that he may lose me? That I will hurt myself? Is he scared I will leave him?

I force all the feelings I have for him in my eyes and when his lips curve at the ends, I know that he sees how much he means to me, and I see how much I mean to him.

I hum the tune.

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth,
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to,
I'm in love with you and all, these little thing."

I listen to the lyrics of the words carefully and realise how much I think - thought - of myself like that. He's trying to tell me something through song.

My eyes shut in instinct and I breathe in the cool air, Drakes, minty breath fanning my face.

The song starts to fade and I hear Drake sing the last but audibly, and I join in. "I'm in love with you, And all your little things."