Let's Talk

K guys so here's the huge time skip I was talking about. I'll go ahead and make the list of ages so bear with me if this takes long because I have to figure it all out. I'm also gonna occasionally write from someone's POV. TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER-SELF HARM

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Dorian's POV)

My name is Dorian Kirkland-Bonnefoy. My birth name is Gemma. I am the personification of Paris, France and I am 15 years old. My fathers, England and France, are very supportive of me and even call me Dorian, use male pronouns and they got me my first binder for my 13th birthday. I have an older sister named Adeline. She's 17. I've also got a little brother named Luca who is 9. My family, along with the other nations and cities are very supportive. My problems, however, are the disgusting classmates I have to deal with. Now, I'm not the only transgender city. There's Aphrodite, the personification of Athens, and Leiv, the personification of Aarhus. I do have friends, but...I feel alone. I feel as if I'm just this empty space with no one to talk to, to share my innermost thoughts with, to spend hours talking with.

My best friend, Eyvindur, knows this and tries his best to be that person. He means a lot to me and he's by far one of my biggest supporters. I can talk to him about anything and everything and he's always there no matter what. Even now. When I'm crying my eyes out in my room while listening to music. Why am I crying? Well, I'm feeling horribly dysphoric today and school did not help with that. At all. I've become a target for the same six people. They're idiots, really, but I can't help but believe the things they tell me. You'll never be a boy. You're better off dead. No one needs you. Everyone would be happy if you killed yourself. You're just a fucking tranny, a waste of space.

"They're right, though. I'll never be a boy!" I yell, choking back the tears I've managed to control. Eyvindur, the personification of Akureyri, looks at me sternly and grabs my shoulders.

"Dorian. Look at me," he begins, "You may not be biologically male, but that doesn't make you any less of a man. I mean, you're not a man. We're just boys right now. But you get what I mean. You shouldn't even listen to those assholes. I mean, they think the Earth is flat. Hey, look at me. In a few years, you'll start HRT, after that, you'll get top surgery. And, if you want to, you'll get gender reassignment surgery. A few years seems like a lot but it's not. And I'll be beside you every step of the way. You're my best friend and you mean everything to me," he says with a bright smile. I hug him and smile slightly into his shoulder.

"Will you really?" I ask.

"Of course!" he yells back. He pulls back and smiles before ruffling my hair. I laugh a little and lay back down on my bed.

"So, something less depressing, have you told your dads that you're super gay?" I ask him. He turns, his golden eyes meeting my aqua ones.

"Hell yeah."

"How'd you do it?" I ask him.

"I painted my whole body the gay flag and walked into their room while they were asleep and woke them up, shouted 'I'M GAY AS HELL' and left," he said, smiling. I laughed at his stupidity.

"Dumbass. Why'd you paint your body?" I asked.

"Why not. It was a pain in the ass to wash off but I did it. Mostly," he replied. I sat up.

"Oh my God. How many of us are LGBT+?" I asked seriously.

"HOLY SHIT ALL OF US ARE LGBT+. THE ONLY STRAIGHT ONE IS APHRODITE AND SHE'S TRANSGENDER," he yelled while laughing.