Emrik's First Steps

So the image above or on the side or whatever is a picture I found that I wanted to use to show you guys what Emrik would look like. Just look at the baby above and put Sweden's eye color in place of the purple eyes. And make him slightly bigger and chubbier. There's Emrik.

(That's Baby Ruu from Daa Daa Daa)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sweden, Finland, Sealand and Emrik were in the living room. Emrik was crawling around, Finland and Sealand were watching TV and Sweden was reading. Suddenly, Emrik started standing up. Finland walked over to the one year old, Sealand following him. The baby sat back down and smiled. 'Gosh he's so adorable and chubby,' Finland thought with a smile.

"Mama, I think he wants to walk," Sealand said to Finland.

"I think so too. Let's see if he can do it," Tino replied.

Finland and Sealand watched as Emrik attempted to stand up and walk. Emrik was a chubby one year old who smiled, and ate, a lot. He stood up and held onto the nearby table to balance himself. When he let go, he fell back down on his bottom with a grunt. Finland smiled before kissing Emrik's cheek.

"Come on, Emmy! You can do it," the Fin said, using the nickname he gave to him. Sweden was currently sitting on the couch, reading a book. Well, not really reading it. He was paying more attention to Emrik trying to walk. The Swede put down the book and walked over to his husband and two sons. Emrik saw Berwald and smiled brightly before crawling over to him. Sweden smiled and picked him up and kissed his forehead before putting him back down. Emrik giggled and went back to trying to walk.

"Matthias, Lukas, Emil! Tulkaa tänne! Emrik's trying to walk again," Finland yelled to the other Nordics. A few seconds later, the three nations came downstairs. Iceland was seven months pregnant and Norway was three months pregnant. Both of them were exhausted but still wanted to see Emrik walk.

"Do you think he'll do it today?" Norway asked Finland.

"Kyllä. He keeps trying and trying and I think today's the day," Finland replied. Sealand smiled at his baby brother as he stood up again. Suddenly, he had an idea.

"Hey, what if we all sat in front of him? He would try to walk towards us maybe," Peter said.

"But he could just crawl, Sealand," Denmark said.

"I know. But since he's trying to walk, he might do it. It couldn't hurt to try, Den," the blond micronation said.

"L't's do 't," Sweden said. They all sat a foot in front of Emrik, smiles on all their faces. Emrik looked up and giggled. He fell back down but got back up shortly after. He grabbed onto the table and let go a few seconds later. He took one step. Another one. He then fell back down.

"Come on, Emrik! Come towards us, elskan," Iceland said as the personification of Stockholm stood up once again. This time, Emrik didn't need the table to balance himself. He looked up and smiled, proud of himself for being able to stand on his own. Denmark got an idea. He smiled and looked over at the other Nordics.

"Maybe he'll walk over to Norway. I mean, obviously he would walk towards Ber, Tino or Peter but he really loves Norway. Let's try that," the Dane said.

"He could just crawl, Den," Sealand said, mocking Denmark for earlier.

"Hey!" Denmark said with a grin. Sealand smiled as well and moved onto the couch. A few seconds later, everyone but Norway was on the couch. Norway opened his arms for Emrik to walk into. The tiny blond, who was still standing, lifted up his right foot. He placed it an inch in front of him and proceeded to do the same thing two more times before finally falling again. Norway smiled and asked Sweden and Finland to come down. The couple sat down a few inches from where Norway was and let the blond nation sit on the couch.

"Kom hit, Emrik. Jag vet att du kan göra det, älskling," Sweden said with a small smile. Berwald loved Emrik more than words could say. Before Emrik was born, he honestly didn't think that a baby could ever make him as happy as Emrik has made him. Emrik giggled loudly and stood up for the billionth time. Sweden and Finland spread out their arms while Iceland,Norway,Denmark and Sealand cheered for Emrik. He repeated what he did with Norway, but this time he kept walking, occasionally stopping to regain his balance. Finally, he reached his parents and the two wrapped their arms around Emrik.

"HE DID IT!" they all yelled happily. Finland's amethyst eyes filled with tears as he kissed the side of Emrik's head. Sealand got up and walked over to Emrik, Berwald and Tino. He got in the hug and grinned. When they let go, Emrik saw his big brother and held his arms out to him, wanting to be carried by Sealand. Peter picked him up and held him to his chest. Emrik wrapped his tiny arms around Sealand's neck (as much as he could). The other Nordics got up and walked over to the four of them and hugged them.

"You did it, Emrik! Yay!" Denmark said. Emrik smiled and said something that sounded like "yaaaaaayyy" but sounded more like "uuueeeyyy". They all laughed in response to Emrik before finally letting go and letting him walk around some more.

This was a good day for all of them. A very good one indeed.