thirty ➳ break ups

marie

"baby come here, your father and i have to talk to you" i heard my mother scream from the kitchen, jaden was in his bedroom. him and i have not spoken very much it's only a couple 'hi's' and 'hello's'

i walked down the steps to see my mother and father with sad looks.

"sweetheart, your father and i love you very much and we're not doing this because of you" my mother started.

"can you guys just come out with it, i've had a long day" i didn't mean to sound rude but it's true.

"your mother and i are getting a divorce" my father said slowly.

"wait, what? why?"

"your mother and i haven't had a connection in a long time, it just doesn't feel right. we haven't even had intercourse in a l--" 

"too much information dad. what would happen with me? i want you two to say together."

"i'm sorry baby but this must happen your father and i just aren't happy" my mother said in all sadness. but i could tell they were hiding something else, they just didn't want to say.

"what's really going on? you're addressing each other as my mother and father. spill."

my parents looked at each other debating on whether they want to tell.

"okay your mother and i actually did disconnect but they real reason is," my father paused and took a long breathe, "your mother cheated on me with a co-worker"

after that i looked at my mother and saw a tear slip from her eye. i couldn't believe what was said.

so much as been happening, "your mother is going to stay in this house while i move away not too far but far enough. you're welcome to choose who you want to stay with the other parent will have you every other weekend. we're really sorry it has come to this marie"

"w-what about jaden?"

"he's going where you're going so you guys better decide and tell us by tonight"

+
i walked into jaden's room crying. every kid wants their parents to be together and i never thought i'd be put into this situation.

"what're you gonna do?" jaden asked me after he hugged me and whispered nice things in my ear.

"what should i do?"

"it doesn't matter to me, i'm with you every step of the way. you're not getting away from me this time."

"i think i know what i want to do. but i don't know if it's the right decision"

+
jaden and i called my parents down and we were ready to tell them our decision.

"mom," i said looking at my mother. "dad, i love you both equally but i think the right and best thing for me to do is move with dad. a lot of drama and things have been happening and i need to get away. i want to start over with my only true best friend," i squeezed jaden's hand.

my mom started to tear up, "okay sweetie if that's what best for you. go ahead but i'll miss you"

"i'll miss you too mom"

"okay, we start moving next week you two need to pack. and you're both transferring to a new high school." my dad explained, "i'll take you out that school tomorrow"

jaden nodded then turned to me, "ready to start new chapters in our lives?"

"as long as i have you"

~~
okay that's really the ending. don't be mad at me.. should i do an epilogue? i was so tired of this book and i didn't think it was good. but i can't wait to publish what i really want to.

epilogue yes or no?

thank you to everyone that continued to read this book no matter how bad it was. i love you <3