six ➳ leave me alone

marie

i tried not to speak to justin the rest of the day after taking him to his class. i want to keep my distance from him as much as i can.

i'm doing it for his own good really. i don't want him to not have a fair chance at being popular because he hangs out with the black girl. that's not right of me to hold him down.

whenever justin tried to talk to me i would just say silent and turn away. he even asked kayla what was wrong with me.

i'm walking home peacefully, well for the first time in the last 2 weeks. it's only because today is the day football practice starts back up.

it was relieving to be able to not be worried if someone's following me.

when i was close to my house i saw a black range rover stop and back up to where i was standing. i was getting paranoid about brian.

did their practice end early? am i going to get a beating today? can i just make a run for it?

"justin?" i said calming down a little once i saw his hair getting out of the car. "don't do that again, you scared me"

"sorry, it's just something has been on my mind the whole day after you started talking to me. why?" justin said quickly and looked at me worried.

"please just leave me alone okay? you don't even know me. and you're following me like a lost puppy." i said getting slightly irritated. why can't this guy get the hint that i don't want to be his friend.

justin then looked at me with a sad face. i might have been too harsh but i really am doing this for him. "um, okay sorry i asked" he said getting back into his car.

now i'm frustrated i really want to be friends with him and trust him and everything but with being friends with me comes getting rejected by everyone else.

i don't know how kayla does it. i mean yeah, she has other friends i guess it's because she's really pretty and anyone would be stupid to try and not be her friend.

i also don't want to get too close with justin because of savannah. it's obvious justin's attractive and he's going to attract a lot of girls. and then forget about me, i don't want to get too close then forgotten.

i also never had a guy friend. is that weird? no guy likes that i'm black. the whole school thinks black people are ignorant and ghetto. thinking about this just made me more sad than what i was already.

i even heard a rumor about black people all being dumb because they use a lot of slang.

+

when i walked into the house i didn't even talk to my mom. which was weird because i always talk to her, i'm just too upset on the justin thing.

of course my mom called up the stairs for me but i just kept walking. now i'm debating to myself.

should i ruin a boy's life just to have them as a friend or leave them alone, and let them have at chance at better friends than what i could be?

i'm confused

~~
this chapter sucked ass ik ik i'm sorry