one ➳ marie

marie is played by kayla philips she is poppin🙂 k bye
~~
marie

have you ever woken up and looked in the mirror and wished you weren't who you were?

i experience it everyday. no it's not because i think i'm not pretty cause lets face it. my shit glows. i just wish i wasn't the race i was. i guess i'm just pretty for a black girl. so why can't i be white?

life would be so much easier. the people who bully me would try to be my best friend. i only have one friend, kayla.

yes, kayla is white. but she's not like the other rasict shits that goes to my school.

(at least i think she's white)

+
walking into school was always a drag, because of the things i would hear upon entering. "go away rosa parks" or "ha! there's the nigger"

i hated it. but i know that i am going to be out this place by the end of the year. it's only 2 weeks into the school year though.

i walk up to kayla "hey honey" she says giving me a sad look.

"hey" she knows about everything people say to me. she defends me all the time when she's with me. but i can't use my best friend as my human shield forever.

"it's going to get better marie, we're going to get through this" she saids noticing my sad face.

"when kayla?" i said.

~~
yes, another book since i discontinued confident and i have no life.