Inside Her Mind

Anna felt the bright morning sun land on her still sleeping face and cringed. She wasn't much of a morning person. At all. Ever.

Her discomfort was quickly washed away as Logan barely twitched his fingers and all the curtains were suddenly shut tight. She sighed in relief and snuggled up further into Logan's arms. He hummed in content against her hair as he deeply inhaled her scent and they both drifted off to sleep again.

******

"Hey mama."

Anna jumped ten feet when she looked up into the bathroom mirror and saw the familiar male figure standing behind her. 'Go away.' she thought to him.

"Not possible." he said with a shrug while taking an ever so casual step closer to her. She watched as he tilted his head at her. "Miss me?"

Anna shook her head and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to will him out of her mind. She knew it was useless, and to be honest she was kind of happy to see her old friend.

"I knew it!!" he said gleefully, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She smiled at him and thought, 'I'm never gonna get rid of you am I?'

"Nope." he said with a smile before firmly kissing her cheek. Anna laughed then, 'Good.' she thought to him.

"Anna?" she heard called out from the other side of the door. She turned away from him and went to open the door.

Logan smiled down at her, "It's not nice to let me wake up without you amare," Anna shook her head at him with a slight smile. "I didn't wanna wake you, it seemed like you needed to catch up on some sleep with the way you looked this week."

"Wasn't my fault I couldn't sleep.." he mumbled as he hugged her tight against him. "What was that?"

"Oh nothing," he said quickly. Logan looked into the bathroom and frowned. "I know this is going to sound weird, but were you just talking to someone?"

"Uhm no.." Anna said softly. It couldn't have been possible for Logan to have heard her, she knew she never spoke out loud whenever he would appear.

"Mmm, thought I heard someone else in here. Must have been dreaming." he said dismissively as he guided her back to bed.

"Logan.."

"Amare?"

"It's too late to be going back to bed now, we already slept in." she said with an amused smile.

Logan chuckled, "I know," he said as he sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled her onto his lap so that she was facing him. "I just need to make sure that you're okay.."

Anna frowned, "What do you mean? I feel fine today, well maybe not yet completely after everything that's happened, but I am doing much better now."

"Anna, do you remember what happened last night? Between Jace and Cam? The way you stopped them?" he said with deep concern written all over his face.

"Yes.. I stopped Jace from doing something he would regret. I might not understand how 'mates' work, but I do know that anything that strong should not be forced."

"Yes that's true, but do you remember how you stopped them?" he said while gently rubbing circles on her thigh with his thumb.

"Well I can't really explain it.. I used to shout at my little brothers like that when they did something wrong, but it never worked as well as it did with Jace and Cam. I felt.. in control, like I knew that they had to listen to me, that they had to.. obey me." she finished off, talking mostly to herself while she tried to make sense of it.