Chapter 37

The chirping birds woke me. Who knew such tiny little colourful birds could be so loud.

I groaned mightily. All the pains and more besides came back to me in an unpleasant onrush. I was momentarily breathless from my soundless cry if pain.

I could not even turn my head to look at where Cody was supposed to be. He should have been up by now. I was certain I had not killed him. He may have tumbled of the cliff during the night though for he had been awfully close to the ledge. I tried to call out to him but figured my loss of voice was the least of my problems. My throat was parched dry and I really had to go.

I felt tears of frustration fill me eyes a new for I still could not move.

"Oh you're awake?" came a deep barritone high up above me. I could not turn m head up to look. My fractured hands made it impossible to even signal for help.

More helpless tears spilled from my eyes.

Thn a face appeared right above me. " Are you all right?"

What a stupid question? Was he a moron? What the fuck kind of idiot asked a battered girl such a fucking question?

Just then a spurt of water showered over us. I eagerly opened my parched mouth and drank as much as I could in.

" I didn't think the splashes from that waterfall could reach this far," came the confused comment from the head now missing from view. I gathered he was peering over the cliff.

God what a serious no brainner. I closed my eyes in pain filled dispair.

"Do you need a hand? Cody will be back soon he has gone to get some things and asked me to watch over you," he finally said something that made some sense.

"Could I get you some water...or something?"

I could not even sigh in resignation.I could not believe Cody left me here with an utter moron. A moron who had lowered him self to ground level and was even know prying open my closed eye lid to peer into it.

Aaagh!

After that silent scream I felt my migrane return full on.