Chapter 19

I was momentarily shocked into dropping my blue shield and that was all it took, before I knew it I was flying in the air, clutched tightly in the arms of the gorgeous Cody. Just then the loud flap of his wings tore my eyes away from that handsome face and instead fixated it on the large wings that sprouted off his back. We were moving at a slower speed then what he had been doing before he decided to pick me up out of that tight spot that I had found myself in. I could actually see the wing no as it did its flapping thingy. Skin, they were made of skin, the same colour as the rest of him a gorgeous tan. I wrapped my arms about his neck, needing to put them some place for they had been flapping back behind me from the upward thrust momentum Cody had carried us into after doing a slow sweep over those freaking agents.

I must have still been in a daze or morelikely intense shock for I had an absurd urge to giggle. I was sure it must be his wings. That thought made me momentarily quesy as I recalled Craig's online evidence of aliens and how he had been certain that I was one. Would I be sprouting out wings at some point? Eeww, I sure as hell hoped not. I looked up at Cody and he threw an annoyed look down at me. I was almost certain he could read my mind.

"Where are you taking me?" I had to shout that out for Cody had picked up speed and the wind was not only blinding but it seemed to tear away my voice leaving it streaking behind us in fading waves of sound, I was quite sure none of it made it to his ears, which were way above me. But I was wrong, for he instantly dropped his head to look down at me, "We are going to a quite place where we can talk undisturbed. Hold on tight."

Then, he shot of at such speeds that I literally knocked out, unconscious. When I came to, we were in a meadow and I was flat on my back. I instantly swung up my arms wanting to feel the soild ground beneath me. I strained my mind to intentionally block out the fact that I had indeed been in the air flying with only Cody's arms stopping me from plummeting to my death. I tried and failed, the bile that rose up had me turning with difficulty to my side to throw up. I was feeling very weak in limbs, so I collapsed back beside my vomit and stared up at the blue skies. My mind now mercifully as numb as the rest of my body. Then my view was blocked, Cody put his face in my view.

" We need to talk," he reminded me.

*********************

Hey guys sorry for the short chaps but editing SIM is a full time crap. I hate editing especially since I wrote so much junk to wade thru. I'm practically re-writing, n that can't  be gd. Will try to update Miffed more regularly.

Happy reading n don't forget to toss in some feedback or votes.

Cheerios!