Chapter 27

I could not meet my fathers gaze.

We were all adjourned in Craig's room. I was still too weak to move. Craig had done the needful and skillfully contacted my Dad and Steff and even Rachel. At my prompting he even called in Kay. I know what you are thinking that Kay was one of them, why call him in. He would only lead his people here but for some reason unknown even to me I just felt I had to do this. It must be a test of some sort to see if Kay was indeed one of them. I guess I just wanted to put that doubt to rest once and for all. Worse comes to worse he'd betray me but with all the wierd going on lately, I just needed to achieve some carity of thought where ever I could. My dad was another big doubt weighing heavily on my mind. His opnion was the most meaningfull. I really did not want to fuck with it.

But as situations called the actions, I found I had to reveal my unique card, and face the music. So there they all were gathered around my bed after Craig's explanations and visuals over the internet of Cody's kin over at the Himalaya's, I did my part and let the blue ball of pure energy appear in the pal of my hand. I don't think the eneregy was coming from me for I was limp weak so I must have been siphoning it out from somewhere, I was not entirely sure where but I was glad it was not from me. I could not really take passing out just now. I let the blue dissipate and tried my best to absorb some of it into me. I think I may have succeeded for I did not feel as drained as I previously felt. I needed every ounce of evergy I could muster just to meet my dads gaze. I shuddered to think over the possible reactions he would have over this.

In the end it was at Craig's prompting that I finally looked up at the faces that surrounded my bed.