Chapter 18

I was thankful for the crowded cafeteria for I used that as a means to escape the ever persistent Steff. It was on my way home from school that day when things got really exciting. Or should I say, when Craig's theory was proven right. It all happened because a black lincoln came barreling down at me out of nowhere.

I had taken that last turn off onto the road that led straight to my home, I was almost there, just a few more doors away and I would have made it but that was not to be, for that was when that black lincoln came careening off that same corner at a real sharp angle so that I was right in its line of trajectory. I had seconds before impact. I knew it as soon as  saw the blue shot out of me to form a wall between that car and myself that this was a mistake, but just as soon as that thought formed that car slammed into my barrier and stopped. I didn't even flinch, for I knew this was a set-up from the get go. I knew that lincoln belonged to the government, I knew those fuckface that interrogated me curtesy of Kay were the ones behind this. Kay, I can't bellieve I kissed him. A rather in appropriate thought, one that could not even be finished for just then two cars screached to a halt right beside me. Doors slammed shut and the agents made to grab at my hands. I guessed they would be hauling me in for questionning and a whole lot more besides but I would not be answering again, for I would not be going without a fight. My blue closed in around me, shielding me from those men.

I waited till they all exited the vehicle, before I turned away and resolutely marched on to my house. I did not know what I was going to do, I only knew I would not be letting these guys get me. I was almost at my door, when some instinct made me look up at the sky. A high pitched scream rang down on us before a winged creature took a vertical dive down right at me.