Diary entry 17 - "You douche! I said to start on the floor."

Start from the beginning

"About ten minutes." He shrugs.

"You know you could've told me to move. I wouldn't have minded." I say placing a hand on my hip.

"Yeah. I could've. Or I could just watch you skate. Your really good." He nods. "When did you learn all those tricks."

"Self taught." I say adjusting my knee pads.

"Cool. Could you teach me how to do a kickflip?"

I ponder on the question. I could teach him but do I want to teach him? 

"You're lucky I'm feeling generous today." I say spinning on my heel and walking back to the ramp with Drake following behind me.

"Okay. So you know how to do an ollie?" He nods his head. "So, it is basically an ollie where you kick the heelside edge of the skateboard while you jump, so it flips around in the air before you land. Got it?"

"Yep. But can you show me?"

"Sure." I say. I get to the edge of the ramp and skate down. When I get to the opposite end I turn and do a kickflip. When I reach Drake again I turn and do a double kickflip. It's easy for me because I have a lot of muscle in my thigh. Or that's what my gym teacher says. At the other end I do a hardflip which is the intermediate level kickflip. I stop when I get back to the other side where Drake it.

"Show off." He mumbles.

I roll my eyes. "Your turn. Think you can do it? Have you tried before?"

"Yeah. I've tried." He shrugs.

"Maybe we shouldn't do it on the ramp. We'll start on the fl-"

"No. It's okay. I can do it on the ramp." He nods.

"Are you sure?" I ask uncertainly.

"Positive."

I nod and cross my arms over my chest with my board under my left foot. "When your ready." He drops and when he get to the end he does a perfect kickflip. I smile but just as he lands, his ankle bends and he falls.

I gasp and drop down with my board fast and race to him. I stop my board with the nose of it and let it slide of as I rush to tend to Drake.

"You douche! I said to start on the floor." I say kneeling down and check his ankle.

"I'm great thanks for asking." He winces and I shake my head.

"Take your shoe off." I order.

He looks confused but I look him dead in the eye and he obeys.

His ankle has swelled up and is bruising really badly. I touch the area and he immediately hisses and pulls his foot back.

"Shit! Thank fuckin' hurt like a bitch." He swears and throws his head back in pain.

I look at him before looking back at his ankle. "Try standing on it." I say.

"What? That will kill." He complains.