Chapter Ten | Okay, Everyone is Crazy

Start from the beginning

“Hey, that means you’re one something or other demigod!” said Gabriel happily, turning to Noel to see that she was looking very pale “Hey Angel, you okay?”

She shook her head “I think I might puke.” A hiccup followed this statement, and Noel buried her head in her arms with a moan.

“Stop acting so silly Noel!” cried Grandma Ethel, looking a little disappointed in her granddaughter “You have no idea what a life I led with this curse; my parents put me in a mental institution at eight years old, medicated into such a hazy state that I could barely remember my own name.”

The kitchen went quiet once again, and even Noel’s hiccups subsided.

There was a fury in Grandma Ethel’s eyes as she told the story of her life “My parents refused to care for me, put me in that home and I stayed there until I was sixteen – that’s when my grandfather heard about it. He had been travelling with my grandmother, the demigod; her mother was Aphrodite, but she was not the kind of girl to sit around talking about what colour rouge would look best with her skin tone! Oh no, not Evanna!” she laughed wildly and reached for another cookie “She would have adored you Noel darling, and you too Gabriel; she was a wild one, loved acting and being the center of attention, but not the least bit vain. She was the best knife thrower of her time, could beat any Ares child in a heart beat. I adored that woman.”

She giggled like a schoolgirl at the look on her young audience’s faces “My apologies darlings, I’m getting off topic. Anyhoo, after my grandparents rescued me I was taught by him how to handle my visions and could rely on my sight and try and do some good. I married your grandfather, a mortal man without a single drop of godly or seer blood in his body but just as righteous and kind hearted.”

“Granny – tell me none of this is true! It sounds…it sounds too much like the bedtime stories you used to tell me.” Noel gave her grandmother a hopeful look, praying this was just another faerie tale to put her to sleep without a fuss.

Shaking her head, Grandma Ethel smiled at her granddaughter and got off her stool “Who said they were bed time sotries? This is a gift Noel, and I have known since the day your mother told me she was pregnant – though I already knew – that you would carry on the gift. Bernice, and I love your mother, do not doubt it, would not have been able to handle the it. But you can, and this summer you will come stay with me, and I will teach you everything you need to know.”

“Granny-”

Kissing her cheek lightly, Grandma Ethel gave her a tight hug “You are very lucky Noel, this is a great gift and honour. Don’t you two have plans for tomorrow or something, you should be in bed!”

“A road trip.” Said Noel gloomily.

Gabriel grinned “It’s going to be great.”

Grandma Ethel smiled, and Noel used to wonder if she knew something the rest of them didn’t – and now she didn’t doubt it.

“Oh yes, I think it will be. Goodnight dearies!” she retreated up the stairs, leaving Gabriel and Noel in the kitchen.

“Your Grandma’s cool.” Said Gabriel.

“Yeah.” Noel sighed “I just…I dunno. I don’t really think of myself as a – what did you call it?”

“Seer.”

“That.”

Patting her shoulder sympathetically, Gabriel’s face softened “I wasn’t thrown into the life like this, I grew up with it – but I know other people who went through this, and don’t worry; you haven’t even gotten to the cool part yet!”

She stared at him “There’s a cool part?”

Nodding, he headed for the living room “You bet! See you tomorrow Angel, bright and early.” The next day, Noel woke up at an ungodly hour; as the sun broke over the trees, they began to drive.

A/N: "Who said they were bed time stories?" 

Oh Grandma Ethel, I do adore her.

I think we've had enough chapters to ask this question!

Question: What's your favourite quote/line so far?

Rose<3

P.S I was going to post this YESTERDAY but Wattpad was down. Bugger. 

AND I MIGHT GO GET MY PUPPY TOMORROW.