Prologue

Prologue

The three fates sat together, knitting the tapestry of lives all over the world; the breeze blew the golden thread delicately, and all was normal as they sat within their comfortable bubble the veil created.

Clothos spun the thread, and as she finished a spindle dropped it as if it burned to the touch, gasping - the other sisters felt it, too. "Did you feel that?" she whispered, glancing back and forth, eyes darting like bees between flowers. "Something has happened."

"It is very odd," said Lachesis, the one who measured the thread into life spans, struggled to untangle the thread her sister had just finished for her. "There has been much tangling between these threads, I don't like it...what do you think Atropos?"

Atropos, the cutter of the thread and ender of all lives, sat very still and listened to the wind, how it blew the strings and tangled them "There is something about these threads," she said, taking the fine gold fibres between her gnarled finger and thumb "They will make such an impact on each other, on the lives of all of us - possibly a prophecy."

Clothos frowned and continued to spin the thread, though a little less enthusiastically "I do not like the sound of your voice sister - a prophecy has not come about for several hundred years, I doubt another has reared its head."

"And what an ugly head." Muttered Lachesis under her breathe "I don't fancy the idea of another prophecy - cut the thread dear sister, we do not need another disaster so soon. They will be re-born in a couple hundred years; let us live in peace a little longer."

Still holding the thread delicately between her fingers, which had held so many lives over the years, Atropos shook her head "No - these will live to be very great, and do many impressive things."

Lachesis and Clothos sighed but nodded "Very well," Lachesis said, and put the thread aside - she would determine their length later.

"Do not be disappointed sisters," Atropos said with a mysterious smile "We are in for many surprises - the matter is settled, the threads shall not be cut today." As Atropos said, the threads were not cut and soon forgotten, and would stay so for many years to come. Besides, their favourite British soap was on, and they didn't know who killed the husband yet. No, they would be occupied for quite some time.

A/N: Okay, I've posted my secret. After I post the first chapter (right now) then I will NOT post much more, or any at all. I'm doing this because I've been busy watching Supernatural and doing homework.

I hope you liked it :3

Rose<3