Chapter 29: Fun in the Sun...Or Not?

Start from the beginning

I grinned up at him. "Sounds perfect."

----------

We were both laughing hysterically when we ran into Michael, Calum, and Madelyn as they got off the roller coaster.

We were soaking wet and I had lost my sunglasses but I could care less right now. I'd had a blast crushing Luke in water bumper cars, racing down tube rides, and we couldn't stop laughing after I crashed into him and knocked us both over on one of the rides.

I was so glad I hadn't waited in that roller coaster line with the others.

"So? Was it worth the wait?" I asked.

"That was AWESOME! Give me a warning before you make me third wheel next time though, okay?" Michael exclaimed. "I was stuck with these two kissing in line."

Madelyn rolled her eyes and grabbed Calum's face, bringing him down to her and kissing his cheek. "You're gonna have to deal with it." She said matter-of-factly, winking at me.

I laughed, shaking my head. I loved her personality. Calum was so lucky to have found her.

"Alright, so what's next?" Luke asked.

"I think we should head to the beach soon. The weather is so perfect today." Madelyn said.

I nodded. "Yeah. Wanna go on a few more rides, altogether?"

Everyone nodded. We went on a bunch of tube rides and plunges, then headed to the beach that was a few miles away.

We got burgers and fries from the restaurant on the beach, and then found a spot on the sand for us to hang out on. The boys went into the water while I soaked up some sun with Madelyn. It really was a nice day. I wish I hadn't lost my sunglasses.

I closed my eyes, laid down on my towel, and bathed in the feeling of the sun's rays on me. It felt so good, and it was so relaxing...

"AHHH!" I screamed, and shot up from my towel. I looked around me and saw Luke grinning mischievously.

"You! How dare you?" I yelled. I was soaking wet! That little prick dumped the freezing ocean water on me.

Madelyn and the guys were cracking up. "I'm sorry I'm didn't warn you Lex, but the look on your face!"

"You were being no fun! Come in the water!" Luke pouted. I rolled my eyes and flopped back on the sand.

A few seconds later, a pair of hands grabbed my legs. Another pair grabbed my arms. "No!" I exclaimed, but Michael and Luke wouldn't listen as they ran down the beach and flung me into the water.

"Ah!" I squealed. It was so cold.

"Sorry love." Luke smiled, and took my hand. "Don't be mad at me."

Love? Aw. It must be an Australian thing. I felt my insides melting. "It's okay Luke, don't" I began, but stopped when I saw him wink at Michael. I got a bad feeling. "Wait, what are you-"

Michael dunked my underwater. I broke through the surface, gasped for air, and dunked them both with me. We came up together, gasping and laughing. "Ha! How does that feel?" I giggled.

They both just shook their heads at me, laughing breathily.

We swam together back to shore, where Calum and Madelyn were waiting for us, laughing as they uploaded a video of Luke and Michael throwing me into the water on Snapchat and probably Instagram too.

"Well, that was interesting. What next?" I said.

"I brought some balls. What do you want to play?"

"How about football- American football?" Michael suggested.

We all nodded that we were okay with that. "Okay! We need team captains!" I said. "How about we split up the lovebirds and make them captains?"

"Oh your going down Cal!" Madelyn exclaimed, pressing a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I don't know about that." Calum smirked.

"Okay! I'm picking first. Alexia, obviously. And because I'm not athletic, we get the extra player. I'm picking Luke." She said, smirking at me when she picked him. I frowned, and knew that I would have to question her later.

"Alright, Mikey get over here. Make your skills in video game football become real in actual football." Calum exclaimed.

Just before we began, I noticed a text from Ashton on my phone.

It simply read: Hey. Can we talk?

-----

I hope you like all of the frequent updating I've been doing! Please be sure to vote, add Texting to your library, follow me, etc.... it would mean SO, SO much to me!!! And if you comment questions or anything I'll always reply.

Thanks so much for 5k!!!!