xxxviii. mistake [END]

Ava

Hurt, I ran out of the house, my face filled with tears and my eyes filled with sorrow. I can't believe that he would jump to such shallow conclusions about my character. I love him, and I'd never leave him for the world. It may have been a pitiful first argument of ours, yet the fact that we did fight leaves my heart shattered in tiny pieces. I just, need space for now.

Pouring down with rain, I came across an abandoned shelter surrounded by trees and a single strip of road, not realising the long distance I've travelled. Impulsively, my first instinct was to enter the shelter and remain here for the night until morning, when it would be safer to leave.

It wasn't the best shelter. The roof seemed rustic and unstable as the rain kept bashing down, empty holes where there were supposed to be windows. Empty and dull, I sighed; I'll have to deal with it for now. Shaking, I sat by the corner of the small room, extremely freezing.

Furiously, the rain tumbled down as the wind howled energetically, black mist hovering over the what used to be friendly blue sky, the moon seemingly the only source of hope, and light. Increasing, my heart beat thumped even faster out of my chest as I witnessed the roof gradually break apart, the wind bullying the poorly made shelter part. I shut my eyes, praying that it would just be morning already.

BASH! I heard the weak roof fall to the ground as the rain continued to hammer down on the cold, hard floor. Trembling, I got up and decided to sprint; I didn't care where. I just wanted to escape everything. I was exhausted. Exhausted from loving, and living. Maybe this is the space I need.

Everything seemed to be a blur to me; it felt like I was running for a century, running from all of my dreaded problems, and fears. Pitch black. Nothing to be seen in the distance. Not even a vibrant red sign could be seen, triggering my anxiety and uncertainty. However, I had to carry on. Where else would I go? The rain had completely drenched my hair and clothes which slowed me down from running.

Exhausted, I was unaware of where I was, standing in the midst of the unknown, the dark. I couldn't see. Thoughts continuously scattered through my brain, tears like waterfalls escaping my eyes.

"FATE OR MISTAKE AVA!" I avoid eye contact, fiddling with my feet as he furrows his eyebrows, "ANO? SABIHIN MO SA AKIN!"

"D-Darren..,"

"FATE OR MISTAKE?"

"MISTAKE!"

I cringed in regret of my actions, clenching my fists as I sobbed even more, kneeling on the floor willing to just die.

"MISTAKE!"

"MISTAKE!"

"MISTAKE!"

"MISTAKE!"

"MISTAKE!"

BEEP!!!

Darren

"Hello, Darren?" Tita Angelica called, as I gulped anxiously. Something was wrong.

"Hello po, Tita, may problema ba?" I questioned immediately, concerned.

"Si...si Ava kasi eh. She got hit by a car. I'll text you...*sniff* the details of where we are, just...please...*sniff*...my daughter needs you," Tita Angelica croaked, her voice on the verge of breaking.