xvi. hospitalised

The radiant sun settled down as we came down from the ambulance, darkness filling the sky, causing my bitter and melancholic mood. We were rushed by the paramedics who were sprinting, passing by concentrated nurses who were questioning Darren's condition.

"He fainted this afternoon and has a concussion resulting into possible brain damage."

My jaw opened in shock. I gulped nervously.

Lord, please, please, help Darren.

Anzar patted me on the back, noticing my concerned expression and my shaking and sweaty palms. I'm so grateful to have someone like Anzar. We walked towards the room Darren was confined to, awaiting the update from the doctor. In the meantime, after several tries, Anzar finally had contact with Tita M, informing her on Darren's condition. I could hear her screams from the phone.

All I could do was pray for his safety, myself and Anzar intertwining our fingers together as I gripped firmly on his hand. I closed my eyes, inhaling and exhaling like what Ylona would advise me to do.

"Knock, knock." Anzar joked, lightening up the mood.

"Who der?" I questioned, playing along with the joke, giggling.

"Pangit."

"Pangit who?"

"Pangit you." He laughed menacingly, smirking evilly at me. I glared and rolled my eyes at him.

I smacked his arm causing him to fall of his chair whilst dodging it.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I bursted into laughter, choking while splattered on the floor, dying from his fall.

"Ikaw ha, that wasn't funny. But I'll give you that, since you're my girlfriend and I love you." He stated, making kissy motions with his face.

"Awww, I love me too!" I replied, hugging myself and raising my hand to my chin with pride.

Our lightened mood was shortly lived as the doctors and the Espanto family rushed towards Darren's room.

"Doc, kumusta po si Darren?" Tita M questioned concerned, tears escaping from her eyes.

"The patient is in a coma as a result of his concussion." I heard a loud cry as Doc. Alonzo explained what had happened to Darren. I gulped, my throat becoming dry and my eyes becoming watery.

"A coma will take days, weeks, even months in order for him to wake up. However, I will assure you that in Darren's case, it could likely be days until he wakes up. Excuse me for a second, please." Dr. Alonzo states, smiling sympathetically.

My heart was pounding, my whole body shaking.

Lord, make Darren okay, please.

———————————————————————————————

a/n
oh noes darren!
i'm sorry guys i promise it will be interesting next chapter, alright?
keep reading, obsessors 🐰💘🌙✌🏻️
love,
—jülz💕