xii. flirters and dancing

The Battle Rounds

The annoying squealing of kids completely helped me lose my focus on warming up. My hands were shaking, my mind in shambles. For the first time in forever, I felt nervous. This hasn't happened before.

You can do this, Ava, just breathe in and out, put your hands up in the air and twirl around if you're anxious, like what dad would do.

Composing myself, I slowly raised my hands in the air, twirling and closing my eyes in order to relax and was ha way my nerves. Instantly, the thought of doing this for my family and especially dad cast away my nerves. As I stopped I felt a--

THUD!

I bumped into Anzar! It all felt like a complete rush that I couldn't fathom anything yet, just staring into his hazel eyes. I felt like Leah in OTWOL when she first met Clark in San Francisco. That scene was like the exact re-enactment that happened to me and Anzar.

Fudge I think I'm falling for his looks. I'm such a mess, Ava make up your mind!

Who do I like?

JK is goofy and cute and makes me smile all the time when I'm around him and we end up laughing so hard we could die, and then there's Anzar who I just saw last week who is a really nice guy, is charming and his hazel eyes are so alluring they get you lost in a trance.

However, Darren. He's the true gentleman out of them all, he respects me and treats me like a proper lady. He's the sweetest thing ever, always remembering me, making me laugh by his corny jokes and he's a good listener. I can always rang to him about a ship or a show and we cry at cliché Pinoy movies and teleseryes.

I feel, I like...

"AVA SULLIVAN, VICO AND ANZAR CAVANAGH PLEASE ENTER THE STAGE!!!" The worker asked, ushering Anzar, Vico and me out on the stage.

"We have the vibrant, versatile singer from the Visayas, Vico!" Kuya Luis Manzano announced as Vico ran on to the stage.

"We have the Prince Charming from Cebu, Anzar!" Kuya L shouted, the fangirls squealing upon Anzar's entrance as he fixed his hair and winked at the girls, causing them to leap around in delight.

"Last, but not least we have the beautiful British bella from Rizal, Ava!" He projected as I fiercely walked on the stage like a model, blowing a kiss towards the cameras. As I reached the stage I saw a hoard of fans rooting for me, taking up majority of the seats. Completely, I was overwhelmed by the support, waving at the 'AvaNatics, or the Bella's', as they call themselves. The fandom is called AvaNatics yet they call themselves Bella's which I find cute.

"Let the battle, begin!" Kuya L announced, the track kicking in.

Sa bawat pintig ng puso ay
Dama ko na bahagi ka ng buhay ko
Kahit na itago pa
Kahit na ilihim pa
Kita ko sayong mata
Tayong dalawa ay iisa

Puso ang siyang nagsasabi
Na ika'y Kahati ng aking kalul'wa
Kahit pa hindi sabihin
Ay dama ng puso na ikaw ay ako
Wagas na pag-ibig
Ay di magbabago