xxi. evangeline

We were sat down at a curved table, surrounded by vibrant retro themed paintings hanging on the wall. Jazz music was playing the background, setting a comfortable ambiance across the restaurant which helped me relax. The soft leather seats were extremely welcoming, as I sat down in relief from exhaustion.

I scanned the menu, searching for my food. Apparently Ylona would be the one to pay for everyone's meals; she's so generous and lovely. After several indecisive decisions and debates on what would save money more, we all decided to share the regular 'Shakey's Special' and the Pepperoni pizza, except for Model Girl, who got the Vegetarian type.

"Ugh! Ano ba to, sobrang smelly ang place na to oh my gee!" Model Girl complained, clinging on to Darren dramatically as he rolled his eyes.

"Ah, sino ba to, Darren?" Anzar questioned.

"Oo nga pala, siya si Evangeline Maricar Chanel Roosevelt."

Wow ah, sobrang sosyal naman.

"As in, the Evangeline? The known internationally model and the most youngest person to receive the most beauty pageant titles?" Bailey asked, in awe of her beauty, Ylona eyeing him as if her heart shattered into millions of tiny fragments.

"Yes, that is me." Evangeline replied cockily, her fingers intertwining with Darren's.

"Ah, model ka pala. Are you guys in a relationship?" Vixie eagerly questions, her eyes widening.

"Mutual understanding." She smirks, scanning me whilst faking a smile at me.

MU? Anong MU? MU kaagad? Che!

"Ok..." I trail off, weirded out, turning my head to roll my eyes.

Plastic!

Concerned, Darren stares at me in embarrassment, which I'm assuming is towards what Evangeline said, I look back towards him, my eyes full of hatred and pain. After all we've been through, this is what he'll do to me? Boys are so confusing. I turn away from him, giving Darren the impression that I'm infuriated. Evangeline smirks slyly. What's up with her?

Interrupting the dull silence, Vixie started to whistle a tune from the song, 'Someday' by Nina, eyeing me whilst attempting to send me a message. Puzzled by her actions, I ignored her, opening my phone to the application of Instagram, scrolling through my feed. Following after the brief feed check, I noticed the vibrant orange circle peeking through the corner of the app. Intrigued, I opened up the DM section, noticing a text message from Vixie.

Someday, someone's gonna love me, the way, I wanted you to need me, someday someone's gonna take your place...

Um, Vixie? Are you okay? What's up with the song references?

Oh, nothing... I just thought the tune would suit the occasion, right? Anyways, how do you find Evangeline?

I don't think I should trust you with this information but I need to get it out...SOBRANG PLASTIC NIYA MY GOODNESS!!! Feeling mayaman siya 😂😭.

Ooooo, okay! Thanks! If you feel anything you need to rant about, text me! It will get my creative juices flowing! ^-^

Alright then...see you when I look up from my phone!

K.

Did she just 'k' me? NO WAY!

👍🏻

Hehehe...

I looked from my table, scowling at Vixie in anger of how she 'k'ed me. In angelic and innocent gestures, her eyes widened glistening cutely, as she mouthed 'at least it wasn't a read!' I giggled.

After what seemed like centuries, the food came, Evangeline sighing in relief, Darren remaining to stare at me weirdly. Ewan ko sa kanya! We devoured the food within the time of 30 minutes, everyone burping and laughing at the sounds they were producing, grossing me out. However, Evangeline was the most affected by this, grasping into Darren's arm in disgust, attempting to make him look into her eyes like one of those natural kilig moments on screen that were 'coincidental.'

Please, she's not even real.

To my amusement, Darren was avoiding her, embarrassing Evangeline, causing Ylona and me to laugh under the table as faintly as we could.

"Here's the bill po, ma'am." The waitress told Ylona, handing her the receipt as Ylona scrambled her purse for money.

"Ylona, ako na lang. I'll pay." I urged, grabbing the payment from my wallet.

"Ako na lang." Darren insisted, already placing the money on the table at the same time I did, our eyes meeting at the sparks connecting our bodies. I glanced towards the right, noticing Evangeline furrowing her eyebrows at me in hatred. I smirked raising an eyebrow, stroking Darren's hand before taking mine off the plate where the receipt was.

"Sige nga guys. I've got it." Ylona replied politely, giving our money back politely.

After the transaction was done, we all exited the restaurant as Darren grabbed my arm.

"Ava, Evangeline and I are—"

"Listen, Darren, I'm not interested with your affairs."