xxv. operation heartbreak and peformances

Third Person

Conceitedly, Juan Karlos approached Evangeline, handing her a folder containing diagrams and pictures of his plan to cause a hopefully destroyed relationship between Ava and Darren. Of course, JK had to destroy them; the child was insanely obsessed with Ava and her every move, patiently waiting for the right moment to swoon her, until he fought with Darren, that is.

Satisfied, Evangeline looked at JK, her eyes glistening with nothing but trouble whilst she resumed looking at the images and diagrams. She gets what she wants, she won't stop until destruction.

The plan contained one main idea: Evangeline would attempt to swoon Darren, which would result in Ava automatically thinking that he's moved on to someone else. As Ava would be left in tears and sorrow, JK would join the situation, being her knight in shining armour. Due to his irresistible charm, Ava will be convinced to spend life with JK 'forever,' Darren having no choice but to move on to Evangeline. Typical and cheesy, yet effective.

"Good, good. When do we start?" Evangeline approved smugly, handing back the folder.

"I was thinking...now. We need to ruin that devil Darren's life!"

"Excuse me, we need to destroy that feisty cat, Marielle." Evangeline retorted, rolling her eyes in disgust.

"Whatever. As long as we break them apart."

"Yes. Can I just photocopy the plan, Labajo?" Evangeline questioned.

"No need. Here." JK replied, handing her another folder, custom made just for her: hot pink, black and white all just splattered in one folder to her delight.

"You still remember, Labajo. I remember those foolish days." Evangeline sighed, losing her mind in reminiscent thoughts.

"Me too...but we've moved on I guess. We've found others." JK awkwardly responded, scratching his head. Evangeline lost eye contact with JK, blushing scarlet red.

"I've got to go practice. See you around, Angel." JK faintly interrupted, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, yeah. See you, Labajo." Evangeline giggled weirdly, a confused expression on her face.

Evangeline

This feeling feels...weird. Like sparks fluttering through your stomach. I feel kilig for some reason, I feel something different that I shouldn't feel. I think I'm sick, yeah, that's all.

I love Darren, no one else. Siya lang ang mabibigay saakin nang totoong pagmamahal. Walang iba.

Shaking away all my puzzling thoughts, I scanned the plan again.

Watch out, Marielle, Evangeline's coming...

Ava

Trembling, I scrambled my brain to find the lyrics for the opening song, briefly singing the song, which caused Darren to giggle.

"W-why a-a-are you g-giggling?" I asked stuttering, tucking my hair back in my ear.

"Calm down. Kaya mo yan, ikaw pa." Darren encouraged, holding my hands to prevent my shaking.