xxxvii. fate or mistake?

A Year Later | February 14th 2016

Ava

Instantly, I sprinted down the stairs after checking the date on my calendar.

Februrary 14th.

I would've loathed this day. Bitterly watching romance movies on the television as couples are enjoying themselves and kids out with their loved ones, whilst our family grieves our loss.

It wasn't easy. During the fourteenth of each month I despised living through the days that passed by, knowing that Dad was gone as much as I concealed my true feelings.

However, we reached the light at the end of the tunnel, choosing to be joyful and thankful that he doesn't have to suffer anymore, choosing to move forward as he remains living in our hearts.

Darren, mainly, was my saviour.

With a big heart, he guided me, comforted me and loved me. He made me realise that I should instead think of how happy he is knowing that I'm happy; he showed me the path to joy again.

He made me believe in miracles, and, I love him for that.

I contemplated about the past two years and grinned, sighing as I entered the kitchen, noticing a bouquet of flowers staring right at me with a note attached.

"Shoot!" I blurted out, my eyes widening as I remembered.

Our first year anniversary!

Of course, I love Darren with all my heart; however, throughout the past two months I've been flooded with projects and my new album that it completely passed my mind.

I approached the red post it note which inscribed, 'Happy Anniversary, Wifey. Pasensya na wala ako dyan, may taping kasi ako, pero babawi ako mamaya. Love you, Hubby.'

Ayiee! Kinilig ako. JaDine yung peg, hubby at wifey. Oo, alam ko, ang cute.

Realising that I don't have a present or message for him, I raced up the stairs and did the usual business, changing into a royal blue jumpsuit and yellow flats.

I asked Manong Michael for a ride to SM MOA, as he politely obliged. Quickly, I entered the vehicle, overlooking the crowded roads and the elaborate routes that we could possibly take. Bored, I took my phone out to take a morning selfie, afterwards posting it on Instagram, captioned, 'Happy Anniversary, Hubby. See you soon, love you, 💗💗' .

Nearly a millisecond after I posted the picture, I received a direct message from Vixie and Ylona.

Y |  Happy First Year Hun, love you so much and have a good day X

V | YESS!! #AVREN IS STILL STRONG AND ALIVE THANK YOU LORD!! see you soon...

A | Salamat Ylona Babe, love you X Vixie, thank you din...I think? Anong ibig sabihin ng 'see you soon'?

Y | Wala 'yun, Vixie's just very, very happy, right, Vixie?

V | Oh...yeah! Maybe...