i. bittersweet encounter

"Welcome to the Philippines!" The immigration officer cheerfully exclaimed.

At least she's happy.

Sighing, I carried Nadia who had just awoken from her nap whilst Kuya placed Fabian on the stroller. We followed mom to carousel 4 to retrieve our bags; the wait took forever, and I don't even believe in that.

Afterwards, we exited the NAIA Terminal 1, instantly feeling the hot Philippine sunshine. Squinting from the sun's bright beams, we were approached by a taxi man who offered to take our belongings to where we wanted to go.

"Ma'am, alika na, may aircon sa taxi ko," The man kindly offered.

"Ay, Kuya, wag na, mag t-tricyle lang kami," Mom politely refused.

Kuya taxi man went back to his vehicle, as we followed mom to the tricycles.

While walking, I was too occupied baby talking Nadia (who was back in the stroller again pushed by Kuya), naive of the step before me.

"AHHH!!" I screamed, grimacing.

All of a sudden, soft hands broke my fall. I instantly fell sparks rushing through my body. I slowly opened my eyes to see an Angels face, so heavenly and charming, is he the one--

"Hey, you dumb girl! Get off me!" He glared at me.

"MEEP! Sorry, but technically you caught me and my IQ is really high so—" I stated.

"Shut up you dumb girl!" He retorted.

"Ugh, why do I even have to explain my self! You...doof!" I answered back, sticking my tongue at him.

I sashayed away like a boss. Ha, in his face!

Darren

"Ugh!" I groaned, impatiently waiting for Lynelle and mom to come back from the toilet.

Tired from standing still, I decided to take a walk, putting on my headphones to get away from the world. After strolling, I remained in a shaded spot near a waterfall and a few steps, minding my own business until a girl fell on top of me.

"AHHH!!" She screamed, grimacing.

Being the hero I am, I broke her fall. That contact between us was like sparks, flowing through my body. She slowly opened her ice blue eyes and stared at me. She was gorgeous. Was she half? Who cares, she was gorgeous. Her innocent face was like a Godess, a queen.

I want her. And I get what I want.

I had to keep my cool however, and furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Hey, you dumb girl! Get off me!" I glared at her.

"MEEP! Sorry, but technically you caught me and my IQ is really high so—" she stated cutely.

"Shut up you dumb girl!" I retorted.

"Ugh, why do I even have to explain my self! You...doof!" She answered back, sticking her tongue at me.

She sashayed away arrogantly; she's cute.

I smirked and went back to where I was waiting originally.

I want her. And I get what I want.

Ava

"Ava, in love ka na no?" Kuya teased.

"ANO?!? In love??? Hindi no," I answered back, concealing my kiligness.

"Ay, alam ko, in denial ka. Admit it sis!" Kuya smirked, making kissy motions at me.

"Fine! I guess, a little! But I won't see him again, OK! Out of 98.39 million people in the Philippines, do you really think I'll see him again?"

"Yes! It's called tadhana! Then you will be together forever!" Kuya cheered.

"Che! Hindi ako naniniwala sa forever!" I retorted.

"Wait and see sis, love works in mysterious ways, you never know!"

"Che!" I scowled at him, walking away from him rapidly.

My priority is caring for mom right now, not love. I can't let a boy get in the way.