iv. fate?

34 days later, March 14th

Time approached this special day after weeks of preparation and vocal training.

"This is my moment to shine, no one else can dim my spotlight," I motivated to my reflection confidently, re-touching my face with baby powder.

"This is for your family, especially for dad, so give this your all," I continued to motivate myself.

Whilst applying lip gloss, mom entered the bathroom, nearly in tears.

"Anak, you know I'm so proud of you, and I'm certain your father would be also. Glänzen in diesem vorsprechen*," She simply said, smiling gracefully as she wrapped me in her welcoming embrace.

[In German, meaning: * "Shine in that audition."]

"Danke, mutter*," I softly replied, tightly hugging her like there was no tomorrow.

[In German, meaning: * "Thank you, mom."]

12:30. One hour and thirty minutes till my audition.

I left the house accompanied by mom, Enrique, Fabian and Nadia, who were all anxious yet excited for my audition. In high spirits, we waited patiently for a taxi to pass by in order to get to Manila.

"You can do this, Ava, just breathe in and out, put your hands up in the air and twirl around if you're anxious, like what dad would do." I muttered to myself.

I remember when my dad used to play hide and seek with me in our garden on a welcoming sunny day in London, running around on the lush green grass and blowing bubbles by the sunset. Being an impatient and sensitive child, I would always get frustrated and stressed if I couldn't find dad, infuriatingly growling like a lion due to frustration.

Flashback

"8....9....10!! Ready or not here I come!" I shouted eagerly.

I heard rustling by the bushes, believing they were just my imaginary friends.

"Hmmm, where's dad?!" I asked to myself, looking behind plants and up in the treehouse.

"Psssttt... I'm over hereeee!" He whispered, which caused an 'eureka!' expression on my face, racing over to the playhouse.

About to sneak up on him and scare him, I saw that the playhouse was empty.

"HUH??!! WHERE IS HEEEEEEEEEE???" I frowned, frantically whizzing to different places.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! IT'S ALWAYS NOT FAIRRRRRR!!!" I whimpered, surrendering.

"BOO!" Dad exclaimed.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" I screeched, sobbing.

"Remember doing this makes you better!" He chuckled, putting his hands out in the air and twirling.

I pouted, yet it turned into a giggle at the sight of dad foolishly turning around. I copied, twirling until we both fell on the soft grass, laughing.

End of flashback

"Taxi!!" My mom proclaimed, motioning to the taxi to come to us.

We traveled from Rizal to Manila for what seemed like a whole century, yet just in time to enter the studio.

Sweating and petrified, we entered the building, seeing a herd of kids running around the place, disobeying their parents. I only saw a few older kids, who seemed a hundred times more intimidating than me, practicing their high notes and adlibs. I gulped.

After registering at the front desk, we walked to a seating area where we sat down, anticipating the big moment.

"Excuse me po, if your last names starts with E, G, L, M or S, pwede po kayo mapunta sa dressing room para ma touch up ang face mo for the TV. Maraming salamat po," One of the staff announced.

I hugged everyone before I left, all of them wishing me good luck. I grinned and blowed a kiss at them.

We had to line up in partners before entering the dressing room, however everyone had partners except for a guy at the back. I joined him.

He was mysterious. A bad boy. Black shades, white shirt, black leather jacket, skinny jeans and black Vans.

He's so dreamy.

Not realising how much of a creep I was checking him out, he took of his shades and to my surprise he was...

The doof at the airport! Ayieee! Nakakakilig talaga! Tadhana to! Wait, I need to compose my self.

"Who would have thought, out of all the people in this world, it's you." He smirked, chuckling in disbelief.

"Sinabi ko na nga ba, stalker! Stop following me." I growled, rolling my eyes.

"Stalker, eh ikaw ang nag-approach sa akin. Gusto mo talaga maging partners tayo, no?" He teased, smirking.

"First, there's no other people to be partners with, second--"

"Just shut up you dumb girl." He hissed.

"GRRRRRRRR!!!" I screeched.

We walked away from each other as I was offered to walk with this cheerful girl, her morena skin tone bringing out the shiny silver hoops on her ears. She was walking beside a mestizo guy, listening to music as he acknowledged and waved at me.

"Hi, I'm—"

"Ok guys, we're here. There are make up and clothing supplies incase you need to re-touch etc. Enjoy! Don't be nervous!"

a/n
sino kaya si girl at si boy??
mwahahaa comment ang mga guesses ninyoooo ^-^
the characters i put in different scenarios might not actually been an event that happened in their real lives but i thought it would be fun to add them in ✌🏻️💕
loveyousss🐰🍚✨💕
love,
—jülz💕