02

| chapter two ~ them digits now |

💞Tiyanna Holmes💞

Today it was hotter than ever outside. Tati and I were posted up on her porch stairs watching all the kids play in the neighborhood. People we're posted up on their porches and cars playing music and such. Whatever they could do to enjoy themselves.

"Look at that little girl. Her mama need her ass beat." Tati was referring to one of the little girls across the street. She couldn't have been no older than ten and was twerking in the street on some boys. I shook my head in shame and chuckled.

I wish I would catch my daughter doing that shit.

"Y'all want sum ta' drank?" Tati's mother asked peaking her head out the screen door.

"Yes ma'am." We said at the same time. She nodded and went back in the house. She came back out a minute later with a pitcher of kool aid, some ice and two cups. She sat it on the table and poured us a cup and handed it to us.

"Thank you."

"Thank you mama."

She went back in the house. I sipped on my kool aid as I looked out in the street. I seen a familiar charger pull up in front of the house across the street. The person got out the car and I saw that it was Jaxon.

"Ooh yanna there he go again." Tati squealed abusing my poor arms. I laughed. I didn't tell her about last night because I simply forgot.

"I see him." I said watching him as he dapped some dude up across the street and exchanged money with what looked like weed. they shared a few words and then he started walking back to his car. For some reason I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

I guess that he felt someone looking at him and he looked up. His eyes met mine and he squinted to get a better look. I looked away.

"Oohh yanna he looking over her, OMG he coming over here!" Tati yelled, shaking me like she as crazy. I slapped her hands away and looked to see that Jaxon was indeed walking over here.

"Hey yanna." He stopped in front of me and leaned against the rail of the steps.

"Hello Jaxon."

"You act like you don't know a nigga." He said looking around. Tati was looking to us with confusion mixed with awe.

"I don't. All I know about you is your name and the fact that you're annoying as hell." I retorted smiling a little.

"Um sorry to interrupt but how y'all know each other?" Tati blurted out. Jaxon looked at her and quickly replied.

"We just met yesterday actually." Tati nodded and got up dusting herself off.

"Well imma let y'all two talk. I gotta get ready for my date with Chris." She nudged me and then walked away doing some made up dance. I chuckled at her while Jaxon watched her with amusement written all over his face. She went in the house and I turned back to Jaxon.

"Well an I get your number now? You said next time." Jaxon said. I pursed my lips. I did say that but I didn't think that I would actually see him again! Besides, giving him my number would be harmless. I took out my phone and unlocked it and handed it to Jaxon. He took it and swiftly put his number in. He sent a text to himself and then handed my phone back to me. I locked it and slid it into my front pocket.

"Well imma go handle some business imma see you around." Jaxon said walking backwards down the steps.

"Yeah." I said. I was a little bit disappointed that he was leaving so early. I guess you could say that I had gotten used to his annoying ass. Jaxon smirked.

"Don't worry, you'll see papi jax soon. Just make sure you don't be a typical light skin and ignore my texts." Jaxon said. Turning to walk away.

"Whatever!" I yelled after him. Jaxon got into his car and after starting it, drove off.

I didn't see him put on a seat belt either...

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A few days later...

"Fuck you jax." I laughed ripping my phone from him. I started scrolling through the countless selfies that he took of us. Some of them we're cute but most of the off guards we're ugly on my part, Jaxon looked fine.

Over the past few days, Jaxon and I have began to get closer and have gotten the opportunity to learn more about each other.

"When, cause I been waiting some days and nothing hasn't happened." Jaxon joked. I stale faced him and he started to laugh making some people that were in the small café look at us. I shushed him.

"I'm just playing." Jaxon said.

"Whatever stop lying." I picked up my styrofoam cup that held my hot tea and sipped it.

"Did you really live in a white neighborhood before you moved here?" Jaxon asked with a mouth full of fries.

"Um yeah, why is that so hard to believe!" I asked. Jaxon a shrugged and studied me. I begun to felt uncomfortable.

"I don't know. You just don't act like it. I guess." Jaxon said awkwardly.

"Thats cause I've always hung here." I answered. I wasn't offended or anything. If anything I was used to those types of questions, I would always get them.

"A ghetto white girl, that's new." Jaxon laughed. He was laughing so hard that he started to bang his hand on the table top. Like it wasn't even funny and he was laughing.

"I'm not white Jaxon." I replied in an annoyed tone. The didn't stop him from laughing though.

"I'm not white Jaxon." He mimicked me trying to sound like me. I rolled my eyes and got up from the table. I was suddenly ready to go home. Jaxon stopped laughing and grabbed my arm but he was still chuckling.

"Wait I'm sorry. Where you going?" I ignored his question and freed myself from his grip.

"No you're not sorry, you're just going to keep doing the same thing." I sat back at the Booth, this time on the opposite side. Jaxon was twenty-two and still acted like a child.

"Whatever." Jaxon said scrolling through his phone, I took the time to study him. I was lucky, definitely lucky. I don't see how I landed him as a friend. I mean he was way older than me, four years, and he took interest in a girl like me? Shit was unreal, it was crazy.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Jaxon said without looking up from his phone.

"I already have enough of your ugly ass selfies, besides I heard flash photography scares animals. I wouldn't want to scare you." I retorted with a small smile. Jaxon stale faced me and then stuck his middle finger up at me.

"Fuck. You." He slowly said and then started to slightly laugh.

Slow updates. Short chapters until this book gets off the ground.

Tatianna in the multimedia