01

| chapter one ~ welcome home |

Six Months Later ~ Present Time

💞Tiyanna Holmes💞

Never in my life did I actually picture myself living in the Hood. But I was now and it was my home now. Six months ago, the night I left tati's house, my father died of a single bullet wound to the head. Right between the eyes. It was then that I found out that, he was doing drugs and the man that he owed money to got tired of waiting.

I was angry but at the same time, I didn't feel anything. My father and I really didnt have the best relationship. I was closer to my mother, whom I was staying with now. My father and I argued and bumped heads all the time. Sometimes he would even hit me. One time it got so bad that I ran away and accidentally ended up here, I ran into Tati and she helped me. We bacame friends instantly.

"Yanna c'mere!" I heard my mother yell from somewhere in our medium sized, two bedroom apartment. I figured that she was in her room. I stretched lightly before getting out my comfortable full sized bed and walking out my bedroom and down the short narrow hall to my mother's. She was laying across the bed watching the NBA finals.

She started talking and I zoned out as I watched a benched Stephen curry stare right into the camera. It was like he was staring right into my soul. Damn them eyes we're mesmerizing. They took the camera off of Stephen curry and o turned to my mother.

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Girl Stephen curry ain't all that fine why you looking at him like that. I said get twenty dollars out my purse an' go to the corna' store and get two loaves of bread and a gallon of milk." My mama demands. I shook my head at the comment my mother made about Stephen Curry.

She must be going blind because Stephen Curry was fine as hell. she most definitely needed her eyes checked. If I was old enough I would do some things, but that's a one in a trillion chance. My poor heart.

Doing as I was told, I went over to her fendi bag and grabbed her wallet, I grabbed two twenties because I was going to need some money for snacks and bus fare tomorrow because Tati and I were trying to go to the mall tomorrow since it was summer and all.

"Keep the change." My mother mumbled as she texted away on her phone.

I exited her room and went into my own. I grabbed my iPhone 5 and slipped my feet into a pair of flip flops. I stuck the money into my pocket before making sure that I had my house key and walking out the door. I walked down the stairs and walked past all the people posted up outside the building.

"Aye girl!"

"Damn girl you gonna let me hit?"

More shouts rang out and I ignored them and walked faster. Sometimes I hated that we lived in apartments because a lot of perverted ass people stayed posted up outside our building.

I quickly walked down the street and to the corner where the corner store was located. I walked in the door and the bell chimed letting the people in the store know that someone was entering. I walked around the store until I found the bredad section. I grabbed two loaves of bread and was walking to the milk isle when suddenly I was knocked off my feet.

I didn't even see it coming. I feel into one of the shelves and the bread flew out my hand.

The person walked away laughing and I was furious. I quickly got up from the floor in hopes of catching whoever knocked me down so I could curse them out. Like they didn't even say sorry or nothing.