00

| prologue ~ The "ghetto" |

The first time I saw him, I didn't know who he was. But the blunt hanging from his lips told me that he was anything but good. And I liked that. Scratch that, I loved it.

My father always told me to stay away from the bad boys but I didn't listen. I was highly attracted to them in the worst ways. The slightly sagged pants, their mentality, looks, everything.

I was raised in an all white neighborhood, my father thought that that's what was best for me. He thought that keeping me away from the "ghetto" was best. He was wrong, I had friends from the "ghetto", family from the "ghetto". That's what he had failed to realize.

But back to the story, the first time that I saw him, I didn't know who he was. He was leaning against the Hood of a Dodge charger smoking a blunt. He was by himself though.

I was at my girl's tati house in the "ghetto", we were on her front porch and I was helping her take out her booty braids.

"Damn yanna look at him across the street on the charger." Tati whispered yelled, not wanting to be heard. I was already looking, she was late.

"He's fine." I simply replied. I don't want her to know the I was feeling him already, as I said already, I was highly attracted to these types of dudes. I didn't want her going up to him and running her mouth, thus ruining my chances. I was capable of doing it on my own.

Tati looked back at me with a smirk on her face.

"Girl I swear if I wasn't with Chris I would jump that nigga bones. He look new, yanna you better get him before someone else do, God know you don't like them bougie stuck up ass white boys your school." She was right, I don't like white boys, they not my type no matter how Hood they try to be. I've dated one white boy and honestly he wasn't shit, he was not interesting at all. He was too nice overall.

I laughed at her comment about Chris though.

"You think I'm playing yanna." Tati mumbled turning back around to look at the boy.

He was gone, just that fast. The car, that he was just resting on was gone. I sighed hard. It was like he had disappeared in thin air.

"Told you." Tati said as she grabbed the last braid to take out. Her hair had grown down to the middle of her back, and that was just her shrinkage, Tati had really pretty hair.

"Whatever." I mumbled raising up from the plastics chair that I was just sitting in. Tati got up from the cushion and dusted her behind off.

"Well I'm finna get home now, you know how my daddy is." I said breaking the brief silence. Tati pulled a scrunchy around her hair and pouted.

"Man. Alright I'll see you tomorrow right?" She asked. I nodded in reassurance and gathered my school bag from the chair. It was nearing six thirty and I had to be home by seven, it took twenty minutes for me to get home.

I hopped down from the porch after Tati and I shared a small hug. I waited until she got into the house to get in my 2016 range Rover and start my journey home.

Little did I know, this would be my last time leaving the hood to go "home".

_________________________________

New book, Tell me what you think.

Tiyanna in the Multimedia

20 votes and 20 comments for the next update.

Slow updates.