Another year as went by and I’m now 17.  Mike and Jade are 15 and out celebrating their two year anniversary.  Christen and I are heading out soon to celebrate our one year anniversary.  It hasn’t been a year exactly but we decided to celebrate it on the same day as Mike and Jade.

            Christen is leading me through the forest.  He stopped and let me see what was in front of him.  There was a meadow full of wildflowers and wild roses with candles flickering around the edges and two huge bears in the center.

            I said, “Christen, this is so sweet. Nobody has ever done something like this for me before.  I love the centerpiece!”

            “Don’t talk, just enjoy the meal.”

            I nodded and he led me towards the bears.  We drank in silence.  When we finished he picked a flower and stuck it in my hair.

            He said, “You’re so beautiful and I love you.”

            “I love you, too.”

            He stood up and pulled me to my feet then he kneeled down.  He pulled out a ring and asked, “Laylah, will you marry me?”

            I gasped and nodded causing the tears to fall from my eyes and roll down my cheeks.  He slid the ring onto my hand and stood up.  He leaned forward for our first kiss.  It was deep and full of love.  It made human lips feel cold and like an iguana.  He whispered in my ear, “I love you.”

            We headed back to the house which I now called home.  Jade and Mike had just walked in the door when we reached the steps.  I didn’t want to tell them now.

            We found Claire.  I asked, “Can we talk to you in private?”

            “Yes, is something wrong?”

            “No, just the opposite.”       

            We went into her room.  She asked, “What can I do for you?”

            “Can you help us set up a wedding?”

            “What?”

            “Christen proposed to me and I said yes.”

            “Oh my, that’s great. Congratulations!”

            “Can you keep it a secret?”

            “Yes, when are you planning to have it?”

            “We haven’t decided.  We’ll get back to you on that.”

            “Okay, now go, go.  You two have much to think about.”

            We walked to his room which was beside Wyllow’s room.

            He asked, “What day, time, and place?”

            “Well, let me think… Next month on the twelfth and I think it at seven…”

            “In the morning?”

            “No, and in Claire’s backyard.”

            “Perfect, now what about decorations and guests?”

            “We’ll let Claire handle it.”