Principal Blood

After lunch, which had been stressful for me, my classes were the same as this morning.  During fourth block I was called to the office.  My strawberries were in from the fundraiser.  They were in the back of the main office, in the principal’s small cramped office.

            Ms. Cutcher was sitting behind her desk.  My strawberries were sitting in front of her.  I bent down to pick them up.  The smell was too overwhelming.

            I jumped on her desk with the grace of a predator.  She looked up in complete terror.  My fangs came out but before she had a chance to scream, I had her under mind control.

            I sunk my teeth into her neck.  It was a great relief.  I drank and drank.  I had a nagging voice in the back of my head.

            Stop!  Stop Jade!  Do you want to be a killer?  No!  Then stop, Jade, stop!  She’s only moments away from some sort of permanentdamage.  I know!  Stop! 

            I managed to stop.  I did my best imitation of Ms. Cutcher and called Laylah to the office.

            When she came in and saw me standing there, she asked, “What’s wrong?”

            “I-I-I almost killed the principal.”

            “What?!”

            “I got too close, I lost control, I was doing so well and now it’s so hard.  What’s wrong with me, Laylah?”

            “Nothing, you’re going through the last stages of transformation.  It’s only natural.  It’s a preview of how hard it’s going to be for the rest of your life.  It does get easier over the years but the temptations will always be there.  There’s no specific time that it takes to learn control.”

            “Really?  There’s nothing wrong with me?”

            “Well, besides the fact that your way too nice to humans, no.  Let’s make this look like an animal.”

            “Okay.”

            We made it more animal looking and called for help.  I wiped the blood off my face.  The vice principle came running in. 

            I said, “We came in and we found her like this.  I think it was an animal.”

            “I think you’re right.  I’ll call an ambulance.  You girls can go home if you wish.  This has to be pretty traumatic for you.”

            “Laylah, use mind control on her to call Ash to the office.”

            “Why?”

            “I need him.  He’s like my comfort pillow only he’s my comfort person.”

            “’Kay.”

            The vice principle called him to the office. 

            I said, “Ash, let’s go.  Now!”

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Now!”

            We went out the doors and into the woods, deep into the woods.  I knew Laylah was far behind us.  She stayed to make sure the vice principle’s story had no faults.  Her mind control is better than mine, stronger too.